What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi can anyone help :)

saz7510

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me why I have 4 gb on my mobile payg sim card and won't let me download apps without wifi at 20mb I carnt seem to download any games and don't have wifi or a computer at home ? ThNks

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
20MB is a limit set most likely so it won't overload the provider's system.

As far as I know, there's no way around it other than to find a wifi hotspot at a coffee shop, McDonald's or a hotel, park outside and download it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a couple of ways around it, one is to jail break your iPad (if there is a current jail break available) as I believe you can bypass the 20MB limit. The other way would be to buy a mifi unit, off of somewhere like eBay, making sure its unlocked and transfer your data plan into that. I use a mifi and, of course, the iPad sees it as a wifi signal even though it's really 3G and as such doesn't limit me at all.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts