1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hi can anyone help :)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by saz7510, Dec 28, 2011.

1. saz7510

saz7510 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi can anyone tell me why I have 4 gb on my mobile payg sim card and won't let me download apps without wifi at 20mb I carnt seem to download any games and don't have wifi or a computer at home ? ThNks
  2. robertlc

robertlc iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    20MB is a limit set most likely so it won't overload the provider's system.

As far as I know, there's no way around it other than to find a wifi hotspot at a coffee shop, McDonald's or a hotel, park outside and download it.
  3. saz7510

saz7510 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thanks :( that's a bummer
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    There are a couple of ways around it, one is to jail break your iPad (if there is a current jail break available) as I believe you can bypass the 20MB limit. The other way would be to buy a mifi unit, off of somewhere like eBay, making sure its unlocked and transfer your data plan into that. I use a mifi and, of course, the iPad sees it as a wifi signal even though it's really 3G and as such doesn't limit me at all.

The Archangel