What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word 2010 and Pages for Ipad

jdmartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if a Msoft Word 2010 document that contains a form, be imported into Iworks Pages (for Ipad) and still maintain it's formatting?

I would like to use Msoft Word to develop the form, and then be able to access it via Pages when out in the field.

I don't want to spend $10 just to find out it doesn't work.

Thank you...
Jim

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome some one will answer your question shortly but personally I would save the completed form as. a PDF then use one of the many PDF apps that allows you to enter information into the form and then print or email

OP
J

jdmartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you, but a fillable PDF form isn't going to work, as that document can't be saved once the user has filled in the form.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, the document can be saved.

PDF Expert will work with fillable forms. To save a fillable form after entering data, you save a copy as a flattened document. This reduces the form to view-only PDF with the fields filled (with the data you've entered). I tested this with the 1040-A pdf form from irs.gov, just to make sure.

As for Pages, well it's hard to tell without trying. Each of the various Word compatible apps imports with different results. If you are going to go that route I suggest making the form, then asking people with the different Office compatible apps to give them a try. I'd be happy to test Pages for you.

I don't hold out much hope for Pages though, not if your form consists of more than a couple of tables.

Most reactions