What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will not turn on

tdcarter72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using my ipad and I was on google earth and all of the sudden the screen went blue and would not do anything. I plugged it up to charger and it went off. Now I can not get it to come back on. I have plugged it in to computer and it still will not do anything.

OP
T

tdcarter72

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe I just don't understand or I am not giving enough information on my problem, so I will try to explain it again.....

I was using my ipad and I was on google earth and all of the sudden the screen went blue and would not respond when trying to use the touch screen, sleep/wake button on top of iPad or the home button . I plugged it up to the charger thinking it might be a low battery issue and it went off (no power). Now I can not get it to come back on. I have plugged it into my computer and itunes could recognize it because it will not power up.

I looked at the link above and tried the steps it said (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.), but it still will not power up or respond in anyway.

Is there anything else that I can try or am I just out of luck with this ipad4?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the battery was full (not under 10% or so), then I think your best bet is to take that iPad to the Geniuses at the Apple Store and have them look at it. Given that you've got the newest version - they should be able to help you (even if it's to give you a replacement iPad).

Marilyn

OP
T

tdcarter72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some suggestions you could try for your iPad not appearing in iTunes: Apple - Support - iPad - iTunes Assistant

The next option would be to place it into recovery mode: iOS: Unable to update or restore

Thanks for links, but none of these worked because my ipad 4 will not power up. I am going to assume I am having a hardware problem of some sort since it will not power up.

If the battery was full (not under 10% or so), then I think your best bet is to take that iPad to the Geniuses at the Apple Store and have them look at it. Given that you've got the newest version - they should be able to help you (even if it's to give you a replacement iPad).

I am pretty sure the battery was above 10% charged. So this might be my best option considering it will not power up.

Most reactions

Latest posts