What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will my Verizon Mini work in the UK?

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling to the UK from the US. I have an iPad Mini from Verizon. How do I activate it to work there? (It has both WiFi and Cellular.) Thanks for any help!

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert but you may be able to pick up a pay as you go sim card in the UK and use that whilst here. It will depend on whether it's unlocked or not.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert but you may be able to pick up a pay as you go sim card in the UK and use that whilst here. It will depend on whether it's unlocked or not.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I will have to find out if it is locked... I suppose Verizon might be the ones to ask. Thank you Phoenix. I appreciate your help!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will have to find out if it is locked... I suppose Verizon might be the ones to ask. Thank you Phoenix. I appreciate your help!

If it is locked you could buy a mifi, networks over here sell them from their retail shops (I use one from the 3 network) and you can probably get most of your money back at he end of your trip by selling it on eBay.

The Archangel

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will be traveling to the UK from the US. I have an iPad Mini from Verizon. How do I activate it to work there? (It has both WiFi and Cellular.) Thanks for any help!

Most hotels and many restaurants, coffee shops and even cafes offer free wifi in the UK, so depending on your usual pattern of access you might find it easy.

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it is locked you could buy a mifi, networks over here sell them from their retail shops (I use one from the 3 network) and you can probably get most of your money back at he end of your trip by selling it on eBay.

The Archangel

Good thought! Thanks!

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most hotels and many restaurants, coffee shops and even cafes offer free wifi in the UK, so depending on your usual pattern of access you might find it easy.

I never really thought about WiFi since I do not have it at home. Thank you! I think I will be fine over there, thanks to the good ideas here!

Most reactions

Latest posts