What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 3g att work around the world.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like is it locked down or can i take it to europe and sign up with a carrier over there. Please let me know for ipad 1 & 2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several Forum members have reported being able to use their AT&T handsets outside the US. They have bought pre-paid microSIMs in the country that they've been visiting and used them with no problems at all.

Tim
Scotland

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The GSM 3G iPad is not locked to a carrier, just pick up a Pay-as-you-go (prepaid) microSIM in the country you're visiting and away you go.. (I'm UK based, normally with Orange in the UK, but currently posting this using an Omani Omantel 3G microsim).

Buy a CDMA one and you may as well try and use a brick to connect to the internet with via 3G internationally. Actually, the brick might be more successful.

Most reactions

Latest posts