Wifi

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by julesd, Oct 7, 2013.

1. julesd

julesd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have wifi in my home is there a device I can buy that would enable me to use mobile wifi

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,293 / 2
    Do you have a wired Internet connection at home? If so, you can buy a WiFi router to connect with it and use the WiFi signal from the router to connect your iPad to the Internet. If you have no Internet connection at all at home, you can purchase a MiFi device that converts a cellular data signal to WiFi, enabling you to connect to the Internet. These devices require a cellular data plan so ask your local cellular provider about the devices and the cost of the data plan.

3. julesd

julesd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much for your response it is very helpful, I don't have internet connection therefore I will look into the Mifi option that you suggested

4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0
    Hi Julesd - Scifan47 has already given you excellent advice on looking into Mi-Fi - more information HERE - depending on your expected needs, the costs of these plans can vary considerably, e.g. a fixed rate vs. pay as you go, so please review the options available. Another choice if you own a smartphone w/ a cellular plan is to use the phone as a Wi-Fi 'hotspot' - will likely cost you extra but just another consideration - Dave :)

5. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    And I do not know where you live or what is available in the area, but for a home you may want to look at cable Internet as an option, the cost may be competitive with MiFi without the data restrictions and the extra cost/worry if you exceed your quota