What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wifi

cherokee10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my first ipad for xmas and don't know much about them, i have wifi in the house with two laptops wifi printer and demand box and all work well with no problems, but when i use the ipad i connect to the wifi then try connecting to app store or another app and it comes up unable to connect try tour wifi connections is there any advise you can give me?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to welcome you to this gorgeous online community, where iPad users from all walks of life come together to discuss that very piece of technology and more. I invite you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!

We only ask that you kindly read the forum rules located here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html.

We welcome our newest member to the forum with enthusiasm and pleasure.

Goofy8275

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try rebooting your router. Even though it is working with the rest of your equipment, thi can make a difference.

Shadow Catcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you try to connect? You probably will need to find the security/password for you router, you will probably have to access the router manual (on line?).

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Cherokee, I'm just as raw as you, but have you opened an account with the store and have you turned on your Wi-Fi in the settings menu. Just my two penneth, but others know more than me. What part of UK are you?

Alex

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got my first ipad for xmas and don't know much about them, i have wifi in the house with two laptops wifi printer and demand box and all work well with no problems, but when i use the ipad i connect to the wifi then try connecting to app store or another app and it comes up unable to connect try tour wifi connections is there any advise you can give me?

Hi cherokee10, Apple recommend that periodically, say once a month, you reset your iPad. This sweetens up your RAM and gets rid of all the dregs still in your cache. (well, in your iPad's:D) Do this (sorry if you already tried this, but it's worth a try):
Hold down both the On/Off and Home buttons simultaneously until the screen blacks out. Keep holding until the Apple logo appears (the On slider button may or may not appear, just ignore) Watch that apple, could take a while, until your wallpaper appears. Slide the On button and check out if this has helped the problem. Let's know. If still no good, other solutions may be possible.
Regards, Andrew

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You could try rebooting your router. Even though it is working with the rest of your equipment, thi can make a difference.

Cosign

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts