What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi problem

macboggle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a weird wifi problem where my ipad will out of the blue stop talking to my network.

I am using a Vigot 2920 router and initially a Zyxel G300H wireless access point using a directional aerial. At first everything was fine then for no apparent reason it stopped connecting, it was not getting a DHCP address from the router, so I put in a fixed Ip address and it connected to the network but not to the internet? now puzzled

So I tried another Wireless AP TP-Link AP WA 500g, again it worked fine for a few days then back to the same problem, not getting a DHCP address etc etc.

So again I went back to the Zyxel wireless and off it went working fine.

I am now suspecting there may be something funny with the router when it comes to renewing an DHCP IP address lease but it just doesn't make sense anyone any ideas??

incidentally everything else I have on wireless connects with no problem even my android phone.

TomMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS devices DHCP renewal problem with tp link router

I have a weird wifi problem where my ipad will out of the blue stop talking to my network.

I am using a Vigot 2920 router and initially a Zyxel G300H wireless access point using a directional aerial. At first everything was fine then for no apparent reason it stopped connecting, it was not getting a DHCP address from the router, so I put in a fixed Ip address and it connected to the network but not to the internet? now puzzled

So I tried another Wireless AP TP-Link AP WA 500g, again it worked fine for a few days then back to the same problem, not getting a DHCP address etc etc.

So again I went back to the Zyxel wireless and off it went working fine.

I am now suspecting there may be something funny with the router when it comes to renewing an DHCP IP address lease but it just doesn't make sense anyone any ideas??

incidentally everything else I have on wireless connects with no problem even my android phone.

I have the same problem but only with ios devices IPHONE, IPAD. On lease renewal they fail to connect to the wireless access point. Windows, Mac computers and android devices are fine. Only way to get iOS devices to reconnect is to reboot the router. Setting DHCP lease time to the longest possible - on tp link that is 48 hors- delays but does not fix the problem.

rhinovr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
VideoLessonOffer.com
This isn't my strongest area, but I think I may have had a similar problem that I fixed by setting the DNS on my router to 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS). Not sure if that's gonna do anything for you but it definitely sounds like a router problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts