What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 cant connect to Quidway WA1003A wireless router

arunashan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...I just unvelied my new IPAD2 Wifi 3G and tried to connect to my wireless router (HUAWEI Quidway WA1003A)... the WIFI on IPAD displaed the WIFI as WA1003A... and the DHCP also showed an IP Address and Sunnet mask... in the HTTP proxy i entered my username and password but was clueless on the server address and port which i kept blank....the safari couldnt connect... the same router works well with my pc which i connect wirelessly everyday

PLease help how i go about on this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you need to set up a proxy on your PC to make it work?

If not, turn the HTTP proxy off on the iPad. Otherwise, you'll have to find out what your proxy server's address and port number are. They should be the same as you set up on the PC.

OP
A

arunashan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thnks for replying....

I dont hv any proxy address or port configured with my pc. but if i turn off the http on ipad, then where fo i enter the username/password...

still at sea..!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should have entered the network name and password when you first connected to the network. The iPad remembers them after that. To enter them again, choose Forget this Network at the top. Then go back to the previous settings page. If the account is visible, tap on it and you will be prompted for a password. If it is not tap Other, enter the network name, password, and when prompted, the security protocol.

If you need an actual user name and password to access the network, then when you open Safari it should take you to a user sign on page. Or it may prompt you to do this right after you've joined the network. Either way, you can not enter a username and password in the network settings. That is not what the HTTP proxy is for.

OP
A

arunashan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thnks again bro....

When i connect to the wireless from my pc ...i click on the connect to internet icon where it prompts me for my username/password. I dont have any such settings here on IPAD. The safari also doesnt have any settings where i can put in these details... I think i am just there but far away.

OP
A

arunashan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The IP Address automatically shows an address 169.254.173.204
subnet mask 255.255.0.0
the router, dns, search domains, client id are blank...this in the DHCP option

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is a self assigned IP address. DHCP is not working for some reason.

Try turning off your router, for at least two minutes. While you are waiting, on the iPad go into Settings > General > Reset, and Reset Network Settings.

After the router is back up and running try joining the network again. You should get a different IP address, probably 192.168.1.xx with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 or similar, and there should be entries in the Router and DNS fields.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

OP
A

arunashan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the router, dns, search domains, client id are still blank...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Search Domains and Client Id fields are usually blank.

I dont' have too many more ideas, but there are a couple of things to check.

Some routers will only supply a limited number of IP addresses. Try turning off one or more of your other computers/devices and try again.

Make sure the security setting you chose matches the security of the router, whether it is WEP, WPA2, or whatever.

Look at the network settings on you computer, make sure it uses DHCP, and is not set to Static or Manual.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Router problems are hard to troubleshot remotely, because every router is different.

Most reactions