What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari cannot connect to server

timhet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a weird Safari issue.

Most of the time, every website works fine, however, there is a particular website that has been causing issues. I can has cheesburger.

Its my wife's favorite site. Anyways, after viewing about 3 or 4 pages of the site, Safari stops responding and refuses to load.

I thought it may be a wifi issue that everyone talks about, but I'm not sure.

This is what I've tried:
- 2 separate iPads
- 2 separate modem/routers by different brands
- Turning brightness up and auto brightness off
- DHCP and static IP addresses
- renewing the lease
- Changing the channel for the wireless
- When I ping the IP address of the iPad it uses responds (with varying speeds from 32ms to 150ms)
- When I check the router's attached devices, the iPads come and go. I think this is related to my issue.

Any ideas...I can't think of anything else to try. Its gotta be a network issue, but I don't know what to do.

Please help.

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you browse and access the site fully from, say, a Windows XP device with IE on it? Given that you've tried two different iPad's and various wi-fi hardware configurations, I'd be inclined to believe it's related to Safari...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with this iPad forum, all I did to resolve is open the site in atomic browser (which loaded without issue) theme reopen safari, it seem to unstick the roadblock.

OP
T

timhet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the site works fine on a PC using firefox.

I tried the atomic browser and had the same issue.

It only seems to be an issue with one particular site. Icanhascheezburger

Most reactions

Latest posts