What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi printing

Boss_351

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app do I need to be able to print from an Ipad Retina to a Cannon MX882? The printer is accessed via a Netgear wireless router hooked to my Dell desktop and the cable modem.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Printing is already supported using AIR PRINT. Just press the tab at top of the page in almost any document and it will show up under the printer. What canon offers is an additional app that allows you to scan and copy

Just set up the canon on your net work and go from there

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

OP
B

Boss_351

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin,
I downloaded this app to the IPAD and attempted to print an email. The response from the IPAD was that there was no Air Printer. Now what?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may need to update the firmware for your printer. I suspect that the app will only be of use once the iPad can identify the printer.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get Netgear Genie. Install it on your PC....any printer connected to your PC (even virtual printers like for creating PDFs) will be usable and seeable from your iPad. As long as your PC is on, that is.

Most reactions

Latest posts