What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 and printing

Tino2You

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad4 and a desktop PC with an attached Cannon all in one printer. Is there an app iI can use to print via the windows server?

Sorry to ask a noob question, but alas I am one.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree w/ the above - I used FingerPrint (original version for over a year on a Canon Pixma printer/Brother laser) - was a $10 purchase; when I upgraded my iPad2 to iOS 6.01, the device no longer saw my printers (despite reboots of the iPad, computer, and power recycling of the printers) - sent Collobos an email and the next day received the message quoted below:

The newest version is a $20 purchase now, but I was able to obtain the explained discount; just thought that I would post this experience in case others have had the same issues - but to the OP, FingerPrint has worked well for me! :)

The FingerPrint V1 product still works great with iOS 4&5, OSX 10.5-10.7, and Win XP SP3- Win7.
If you are changing your environment to iOS6, Mtn. Lion, or Windows 8 it will be necessary for you to move to Fingerprint 2. With FingerPrint 2 we have also added custom Virtual Printer Configuration, Access Control Lists, and now runs as a service for PC's and Mac's. It only ran as an application when Fingerprint was first released.
V1 customers can purchase FingerPrint 2 for $7.98 a 60% discount off the $19.95 price. (Coupon Valid through 12.31.12) If you don't want to move to FingerPrint 2 yet and need to reinstall V1 just send in a support request and we'll get you back up and running.
To purchase FingerPrint 2 at the discounted price you must do the following in this order.
-Initiate the purchase via our website store ONLY (not the link embedded in the program). www.collobos.com
-Fill in all your info FIRST, including the EXACT same email address as your original purchase (this triggers the coupon).
-Then, enter the coupon code ' FP2 '. Click "ENTER", and it should apply a 60% discount. It is good one time and again be sure to use the exact same email address.
FingerPrint 2 should install over the existing. Download links are below.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to a Canon all in one wi-fi printer and there was a Canon IEPP app which they suggested. I think it came free. Mind you it isn't very sophisticated.

I'll have a look at the other app.

MapleNuts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I needed a second printer so a new HP with AirPrint seemed like the most graceful solution to printing from my iPads.
Only cost $99 after rebates.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i bought my ipad already included printcentral pro app and print n share app they are perfect for all printing solutions even for iphone:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts