What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi printing-was okay-now? No printer

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY wifi printing was working fine using AirPrint(hp's) now I try to print and a window opens and asks me to select a printer, I do and mess. Tells me there is no printer available. Printing works fine on main comp. Etc. I have reinstalled hp printer-AirPrint activator and it is open. Did all kinds of sys. Repairs etc. Sure do miss being able to print wifi. P.s. Talked w/apple techs and they had no answer.
Help help help
DICKSTER

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have an Air Print computer but I do have a wireless HP printer. I use the HP Printer free app and it allows me to print wirelessly from iPad thru the HP app.

Update--I have discovered that the HP iPrint app is no longer in the app store. Too bad. I still have it on my iPad and it works great. Go figure.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY wifi printing was working fine using AirPrint(hp's) now I try to print and a window opens and asks me to select a printer, I do and mess. Tells me there is no printer available. Printing works fine on main comp. Etc. I have reinstalled hp printer-AirPrint activator and it is open. Did all kinds of sys. Repairs etc. Sure do miss being able to print wifi. P.s. Talked w/apple techs and they had no answer.
Help help help
DICKSTER

It sounds like a network issue. Have you tried rebooting everything? By that I mean everything, your network router/WiFi, your printer, your iPad (Rebooting your iPad)? If not, try turning everything off and reboot them in that order. Sometimes that's all it takes to get them communicating again.

Others may have some tips as well.

Hope that helps and keep us posted!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well before I got to the bottom of this thread, my suggestion(s) was going to be pretty much the same as Rich, i.e. that is what I would do initially - quick & no harm done! Good luck - :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well before I got to the bottom of this thread, my suggestion(s) was going to be pretty much the same as Rich, i.e. that is what I would do initially - quick & no harm done! Good luck - :)
So what they say is true...great minds do think alike! ;)

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No printers available

Thanks all- I have shut Down all and rebooted all ! Still no printer when I select "print". Ckd for hp updates etc. I can email surf the web and all, but can't print from ipad2 via wifi. Frustrating !!!!!!!
DICKSTER-----:mad::mad:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry about your continued problem w/ printing - concerning 'restarting' the iPad, did you do a simple restart (i.e. just w/ the power button) or did you do a 'reset', i.e. holding down the power & home buttons simultaneously? If not the latter, give that a try but no promises - :(

A $10 work around (possibly & other possibilities exist) is to use an app that was recommended to me here called FingerPrint - check the link, places a small icon in the system tray on a Windows computer; has worked fine via my Wi-Fi network w/ a Canon Pixma printer.

I'd also suggest contacting HP but not sure how much assistance they would be over Apple's apparent lack of any help - good luck! :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all- I have shut Down all and rebooted all ! Still no printer when I select "print". Ckd for hp updates etc. I can email surf the web and all, but can't print from ipad2 via wifi. Frustrating !!!!!!!
DICKSTER-----:mad::mad:
Well, that's very frustrating. If you're near an Apple store you could take your iPad in and see if they can find anything wrong.

Otherwise it'll probably be a bit painful, I'd give HP support a call and see what solutions they might have to offer.

Others may have some more ideas.

Best of luck and please let us know what had to be done to resolve this (and I'm confident that it can be resolved).

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No printers

I tried to get on hp's web site very difficult. Could not find air print app. Downloaded and installed hps eprint. It even tells me there are no printers available.
I am at my ropess end. What now- any other ideas
thanks-dickster-----

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to get on hp's web site very difficult. Could not find air print app. Downloaded and installed hps eprint. It even tells me there are no printers available.
I am at my ropess end. What now- any other ideas
thanks-dickster-----
What model is your HP printer? Also, you mentioned that the printer is working fine with your computer...assuming you mean that it is working via WiFi, not Ethernet or USB correct?

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
What model is your HP printer? Also, you mentioned that the printer is working fine with your computer...assuming you mean that it is working via WiFi, not Ethernet or USB correct?

Hp d7260 photos smart and it is wired USB. I have reset its settings to default original.
Part of the prob. May be that the "AirPrint app" is no longer in ITunes app store .
DICKSTER-----

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...I guess I'm confused then. The HP D7260 is not one of the printers that will work with iOS AirPrint...

iOS: AirPrint 101

So I'm not sure how it worked with your iPad to start with although I'm not familiar with the HP AirPrint App. If it's no longer in the App Store there may have been an inherent problem.

Even though print jobs are working with your computer using USB, that doesn't necessarily mean the printer's WiFi radio is working. If the printer's WiFi is enabled, does your computer recognize it (as a wireless device)? If not, then I'd suspect the printer is the problem.

There are other apps you can use if your printer's WiFi is working. This is probably one of the best posts about printing with the iPad...

http://www.ipadforums.net/airprint/43462-printing-ipad.html#post300247

I've been using an app called PrintBureau for about a year now and it has worked flawlessly with all three different brands of printers in our household.

Hope that helps and I know I'm looking forward to hearing how things go!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It may be worth a shot to *unplug* the printer for a moment.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW WOW !!!! --tirade an---I downloaded the fingerprint app trial version and it worked immediately. Thanks so much for the info.
My headache is going away.. Thanks everyone else for the help. No thanks to hp &apple, but apple did try.
DICKSTER-----

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WOW WOW !!!! --tirade an---I downloaded the fingerprint app trial version and it worked immediately. Thanks so much for the info. .............

CONGRATS! Great little app that has not failed to print from a number of iPad apps for me! Enjoy - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts