What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi not working after 8.1.2 downloaded

Lucierdman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded 8.1.2 and when I sign on to any wifi except at home, for instance at the airport or at a hotel with strong wifi capability I can not get safari to work. The settings show that I connect but I cannot send e mails. My kindle and I cloud do not work. I shut down and restarted the iPad but this did not help. Did not have this problem before I upgraded. HELP!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help: go to Settings - General - Reset and select "Reset Network Settings". This will erase all your stored network information as well, including passwords for Wi-Fi or VPN settings. You'll have to enter them once more afterwards.

Resetting your iPad might also help. This won't remove any information or setting from your device. To reset it, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

Most reactions

Latest posts