What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wifi problem on ipad

nikko1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok... long story, cant say it all..... wifi stopped working properly - tried to connect to apple store, and when i clicked install, it went back to "free", so i did that over and over again, then clicked the home key, and it appeared, but wasn't downloading at all. I already restarted multiple times, and renewed lease too. i CAN connect to the internet 50% of the time in safari....but not anything like on an application, or store....

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I expect there are people that will try to help, but with so many undefined and imprecise terms in your post, I suspect it won't do much good. Of course I could be very wrong.
If I were you, I would return to the store where you bought it and have them get you back to "ground zero"
Good luck.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup there are so many things that can go wrong with wireless connections it's almost impossible to solve through forums alone. Best if you can cajole a knowledgable friend to come and help you out on site.
Also read some of the past threads on these forums as theres a lot of useful information. Believe MikesTools was offering free irc advice, you might want to check with him.

Remember once a router upgrade reset my idle timeout to 0 and it took me half a day trying to track down why my connection kept dropping......hate the bloody things when they go wrong.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Go into wifi settings, click the blue button next to your wireless network name, then select the button that says forget this network.

After making the ipad forget the network try connecting again.

If that fails, log into your routers settings page and change the router to a new channel. A neighbor may have just installed wifi in their home that is now interfering with yours.

Most reactions

Latest posts