What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI at STARBUCKS COFFEE

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone had any problems connecting to WIFI at any Starbucks coffee shops?

Eochs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I have an iPhone that works with AT&T hotspots, will my ipad work with that same account?

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone had any problems connecting to WIFI at any Starbucks coffee shops?

Not being funny...but have you opened an account at Starbucks?

Here's the deal, their wifi is free as long as you register online with their rewards program.it's free...you just need to do so. The fastest way is by using the account number on the back of any star bucks gift card you may have.

The site will walk you through.

Zardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I been told that it will not work off an iPhone account. The iPhone account is just for the iPhone.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ATT Wifi Hotspots that work with your iPhones account do NOT roll over to the WiFi iPads.

I Install ATT WiFi hotspots and have also spoke on the phone regarding this very issue with their IT Staff. The only way hotspots from ATT will work with the iPad is either using an existing account or purchasing time or as others have said using the rewards program through StarBucks. For McDonalds they have it open for any Wifi Device.

Some Campuses also have ATT WiFi and it's the same as Starbucks, you need ATT prior access or purchase time on the spot.

Coupons are another means and sometimes just by calling their support line on the welcome page and a good enough story might get you one for the day. Or places will hand them out for guests during special promotions.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad and the iPhone are 2 separate accounts. At present AT&T isn't offering a family plan that can include your iPad device.

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I have logged into a few Starbucks wifi networks without using my ATT login credentials. it is my belief that the Starbucks/ATT network is often times confusing the iPad for the iPhone and giving it temporary wifi access.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ha e AT&T uverse and I went to starbux this morning and tried to log in just to see how well it worked. It went to the login screen and then as I was typing my username it dumped out, then I went into it again and before I could log in it would dump me again. I don't know if it's that starbux but my experience was not good. Luckily i can just tether my droid.

jesslyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been in 3 different Starbucks and have not had to do anything other than connect to the wifi, no login, nothing. This was the 1st week of launch, but in any case, I've never registered at any Starbucks that I know of. It also worked in my local B&N this weekend.

Are we sure that ATT can tell the difference?:confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts