What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi Fi connection stopped working

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Wi Fi connection had worked perfectly up to now but it will no longer connect. It just sits with the small circle turning but will not connect. My sons Ipad 2 connects fine as do two other laptops in the house but my ipad just refuses. I did a complete restore but it cannot access the itunes store and when you reach the choose a network stage at the settings after the restore then the same thing is happening. I have searched for answers but I am now at a complete loss on what to do. Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Graham

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I "borrowed" these suggestions from another site. They're pretty simple so you can try them first and see it it's an easy fix.

1. You can go to Settings> Airplane Mode and tap the slider to turn it “On”. Wait a few seconds and then tap it again to turn it “Off”. This will actually clear up some networking issues in a few cases. It’s a fast, easy fix.
2. Go To Settings > General > Wi-Fi and tap the slider to turn it “Off”. Wait a few seconds and then tap to turn it “On”. At this point it should show you a listing of the available wireless networks.
3. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap “Reset Network Settings”
4. Reboot the iPad. Hold down the “Home” button and the “Sleep” button and wait for the red button to appear and then slide it over to power it off. Wait a few seconds then press the “Sleep” button on the top of the iPad to turn it back on.
5. Some networks will not connect if “AutoFill” is turned on for Safari. So if your iPad can actually see the network but not connect then go to Settings > Safari and turn off Autofill if it is on.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing like "borrowing," if it helps out the OP and that you have given credit to where it was due!!

There was another member that had similar wifi issues and I found a thread, which i shared, from 2010 that used the exact directions that you had given in this post. Lol!

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rebooting your router. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I had a Brand X router for a while that would just randomly refuse to allow connections from a device, while allowing other devices to connect with no problem.

OP
E

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for full reply but unfortunately none of these are working after having tried them all, and it will still not connect although every other compuer in the house will. Most peculiar, worked fine in morning, laid it down and picked up in evening and it would not connect and nothing has changed. I did a full restore and set up using Itunes but still no joy. Just at a complete loss. Thanks for your help though it was much appreciated.

Graham

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing like "borrowing," if it helps out the OP and that you have given credit to where it was due!!

There was another member that had similar wifi issues and I found a thread, which i shared, from 2010 that used the exact directions that you had given in this post. Lol!
Yeah, this was from another site so I was reluctant to provide a link given the rules. Too bad it didn't help. :(

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for full reply but unfortunately none of these are working after having tried them all, and it will still not connect although every other compuer in the house will. Most peculiar, worked fine in morning, laid it down and picked up in evening and it would not connect and nothing has changed. I did a full restore and set up using Itunes but still no joy. Just at a complete loss. Thanks for your help though it was much appreciated.

Graham
Have you tried taking it to another wifi spot like a Starbucks or even a neighbor's house who would let you try it on theirs? Might help narrow down whether the problem is internal to your iPad or between that particular iPad and your particular wifi.

Last edited:
OP
E

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again to all for trying to help. We actually tried two other routers as well as the original and all behaved the same so it would begin to look like it is something internal to the Ipad unless anyone would disagree with that. Many thanks.

Graham

Most reactions