What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i pad wi fi connectivity issues

sudhin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my i pad is connecting to the wi fi, but i am not able to access the internet.This does happen often,and if i leave the device and check it after an hour or so it gets access.The signal strength is full all the time.My laptop is connecting to the same wifi,but it does not have the same issue.The reboot works sometimes.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have found very occasionally over a year and a half with two that one may drop connectivity. I'm not sure why this works ( my forte' is programs/apps and usage, not hardware LOL) but resetting my router works.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
This is usually a hiccup with the Router. It wont matter if one device works, but there may be an issue where the router cannot assign a DHCP address (IP Address dynamically assigned when a device tries to connect to the router) due to the service stopping or some other issue.

When in doubt, reboot the Router and try again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Diane! It happens to me occasionally too. Usually the iPad immediately finds the network again and, for some reason, prompts me with a dialog box asking if I want to join the network, even though it's a 'known' network and I have it set to 'Join known networks automatically'.

Tim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum. Other members have had this same issue, do a search as I know there are many threads on this topic. You will find that doing some searches will answer most of your questions, if then you can't find what you seek, then by all means post your questions, there are many members here only too willing to help you.

LightBytes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just replying to document my wifi experience. Not fully robust and definitely quirky. I connect to many different wifi networks (tmobile, home, airports, etc). I've noticed two issues:

(1) wifi will turn itself off and I can't turn it back on. I can slide the setting to on and when I select another setting and return to network, the setting goes back to off automatically. The fix is to shutdown and relaunch the settings app (or shutdown the whole iPad).

(2). The iPad will not connect to a network even though it shows as connected in settings. All correct network parameters were retrieved via dhcp etc. Renewing the lease, turning networking off and on and restarting the settings app do not work. The only fix is to fully shutdown the iPad and restart.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will say that's my panacea for any quirky issue. I haven't had to do it often but owning an Ipad 1 since May 2010 and adding one for my husband that August and doing a lot of "help" for friends new to Ipad I use that when apps don't work correctly, etc. Sometimes a simple reboot works but for persistent issues I reset. Its long been recommended on this forum. Beyond that I have never had an issue that doesn't respond to that or a reset of my router.

Most reactions

Latest posts