What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is my app organization completely demolished on my new ipad2?

Kearnine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of apps and have spent lots of time organizing them into groups and on different "pages". Why does the transfer process from old to new iPad completely undo that organization?? All my apps are there but not in the groups I created. Alphabetical order instead. This happened when I upgraded to iPhone 4 also. Is there a way to transfer everything without losing the organization? Perhaps there is a step in the process that I don't know about?

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kearnine said:
I have a lot of apps and have spent lots of time organizing them into groups and on different "pages". Why does the transfer process from old to new iPad completely undo that organization?? All my apps are there but not in the groups I created. Alphabetical order instead. This happened when I upgraded to iPhone 4 also. Is there a way to transfer everything without losing the organization? Perhaps there is a step in the process that I don't know about?

I had the same thing happen to my iPad when I did a restore. It restored all 700 and change apps but most of them were no longer in their folders and were invisible. I had to recreate folders and drag apps into them then power off so the iPad could fill the blank spaces with more icons. It took forever to get things back where they belong and iTunes still messes them up when it pulls apps out of folders to upgrade them.

Most reactions

Latest posts