What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way an iPad remembers how apps are organized?

PieterJ62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last few days, my iPad crashed a couple of times (3) for no obvious reason (I think it has smth to do with Mail). I made the inevitable steps to reanimate the iPad, but here comes the anoying and labour-intensive part you'll have to do after a 'crash' or reinstallation: regrouping all your apps.
If you only have say 20 apps, there is hardly a problem, but my iPad is carrying 109 apps and phew ... that's quite a job to put them all on diffrent pages again, regrouping them in a logical order they are easily found and used again.
Wouldn't it be logical iTunes remembers the way you order/organize your apps? Well ... it doesn't, I believe. Is there a solution to this anoying problem? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
honestly I don't know...does backing up with iTunes and then restore not do it?

and, while your in iTunes, I find it easier to manage the placement of my apps using iTunes anyway than doing it by hand on the iPad

OP
P

PieterJ62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
honestly I don't know...does backing up with iTunes and then restore not do it?

and, while your in iTunes, I find it easier to manage the placement of my apps using iTunes anyway than doing it by hand on the iPad

Maybe you're a Mac-user but on pc it's soooo terribly slow.

I didn't have the experience that iTunes remembers the place of an app, but I made shure I made a safety copy right after reinstallment.
So lets w8&C ...

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh that's right, I've only been using a mac for about a month now but I've almost forgotten what iTunes is like on PC...it's total junk, just like Safari for PC is junk. I think it's a plot by Apple to make PCs look bad, in my opinion, because the same PC I was using would run the Zune software perfectly, as well as Visual Studio 2010, which is a beast

Most reactions

Latest posts