Is there a way an iPad remembers how apps are organized?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by PieterJ62, Jan 30, 2011.

1. PieterJ62

PieterJ62 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last few days, my iPad crashed a couple of times (3) for no obvious reason (I think it has smth to do with Mail). I made the inevitable steps to reanimate the iPad, but here comes the anoying and labour-intensive part you'll have to do after a 'crash' or reinstallation: regrouping all your apps.
    If you only have say 20 apps, there is hardly a problem, but my iPad is carrying 109 apps and phew ... that's quite a job to put them all on diffrent pages again, regrouping them in a logical order they are easily found and used again.
    Wouldn't it be logical iTunes remembers the way you order/organize your apps? Well ... it doesn't, I believe. Is there a solution to this anoying problem? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. zrb0529

zrb0529 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    honestly I don't know...does backing up with iTunes and then restore not do it?

and, while your in iTunes, I find it easier to manage the placement of my apps using iTunes anyway than doing it by hand on the iPad
  3. PieterJ62

PieterJ62 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe you're a Mac-user but on pc it's soooo terribly slow.

I didn't have the experience that iTunes remembers the place of an app, but I made shure I made a safety copy right after reinstallment.
    So lets w8&C ...
  4. zrb0529

zrb0529 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh that's right, I've only been using a mac for about a month now but I've almost forgotten what iTunes is like on PC...it's total junk, just like Safari for PC is junk. I think it's a plot by Apple to make PCs look bad, in my opinion, because the same PC I was using would run the Zune software perfectly, as well as Visual Studio 2010, which is a beast
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,317 / 1
    We used to say the same thing when forced to run IE on Apple computers, only about Microsoft.