1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Which iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by lovepink22, Feb 26, 2013.

1. lovepink22

lovepink22 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking into getting an iPad pretty soon. I'm not sure which one is the best to go with. Mini, iPad2 or the iPad with retina display? Any recommendations or suggestions?
  2. MadJoe86

MadJoe86 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I got the 4th Generation iPad w/ Retina Display 32 gig. I highly recommend it.
  3. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +814 / 0
    It would depend on your budget and intended usage, primarily.

If you have any other iDevices such as iPods or iPhones up to 4S, the iPad 2 is compatible with accessories, as it still has the 30 pin dock connector. All other current models have the new port, as does the iPhone 5.

The iPad 2 does have limited storage. It is only available now withe 16 Gb, and that may not be enough if you are a gamer. Some apps are now running at over 1Gb.

The mini is finding favor with some, due to it being more comfortable to hold for long periods of time, but it's smaller screen also has some disadvantages.

At the end of the day. The best bet is to go into the Apple Store and play, and see what you are most comfortable with.
  4. Spugnut

Spugnut iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It depends on what you want to use it for. And budgets. If mobility is paramount then the mini could be a good choice. My household have an iPad 2 WiFi 16 gb as well as an iPad4 WiFi/LTE 32 gig. Both work fine, but we do not store music, photo's or videos so storage is less of an issue. In reality once you have it, you find more ways to use it. I would advise to go as much memory as the budget allow, while the choice between WiFi on or LTE/3G will be dependent on your mobility requirements or if you need a GPS (WiFi only models does not have a GPS).

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013