What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which app for offline maps

KatPen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 with WiFi only and will be travelling to places without WiFi connection. I want to download some specific maps to view on the road, but I can't decide which of the apps offering this service is the best. Any recommendations? Free is good but I am willing to pay if the difference is worth it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

With regards to your question could you give us more information on where you will be traveling.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
K

KatPen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
more details about search for offline map apps

I will be travelling to Australia and doing a trip from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road. Then I will need maps for St Kilda and Melbourne city, and also Sydney area. I have searched the forums and read the manual, but I was looking for specific recommendations. I have been looking at Galileo and Offmaps, but really don't know how to choose and if there are any better options.
Thanks in advance.

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use maps to go, you can download countries, areas of countries and continents all for free or you just us 3G and keep the maps on line so you don't block up your phone space with maps.

I recommend maps2go. I've used in 3 different counties and it worked fine for me, however this was on my phone. Not sure if they do an iPad one, but it's worth a shot, it's a great little app.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KatPen said:
I will be travelling to Australia and doing a trip from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road. Then I will need maps for St Kilda and Melbourne city, and also Sydney area. I have searched the forums and read the manual, but I was looking for specific recommendations. I have been looking at Galileo and Offmaps, but really don't know how to choose and if there are any better options.
Thanks in advance.

Wow, I'm an Australian I live in Brisbane though. Try navfree they have an Australian edition and I have found it quite good and it comes with a lot of features. Have a look at MapsWithMe also You are going to love Great Ocean Road, just stunning!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts