What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which ipad to buy?

The new ipad(4G) or ipad 4 (wifi)?

• The new ipad(4G)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ipad 4 (wifi)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

kafka1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always hesitate too much before I buy electronic products.
This time I‘m confused by which ipad to buy:the new ipad(4G) or ipad 4(wifi)?
In our country,ipad 4(4G) is not available at present and is much more expensive than others.
With the new ipad(4G), I could surfer online under no wifi situations.
Besides its gps function is very useful. The new ipad has google maps which is my favourite. I don't want to use apple maps of ipad 4.
What's more,My friend told me that his new ipad runs smoothly. So what is the use of ipad 4's better cpu?

However, ipad 4 is also attractive to me. Anyway ,It is newer than the new ipad. Its front camera is better and wifi speed is faster.
Will anybody please give me some suggestions as which one to buy?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok...I'm confused by your question. Are you talking the 4th gen iPad with wifi and cellular or the 4th gen iPad with just wifi?

Or, do you mean 3rd gen iPad with wifi and cellular and 4th gen iPad with just wifi?

I would opt for the cellular model over the wifi. The question of 3nd gen vs 4th is a harder question. If you play lots of games in high resolution, get the 4th because you will notice the speed there. Otherwise, the speed will be hard to notice in real world use.

If gamer = get 4th gen wifi if the cellular is too costly
If not gamer = get 3rd gen with cellular.

Best.

OP
K

kafka1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...I'm confused by your question. Are you talking the 4th gen iPad with wifi and cellular or the 4th gen iPad with just wifi?

Or, do you mean 3rd gen iPad with wifi and cellular and 4th gen iPad with just wifi?

I would opt for the cellular model over the wifi. The question of 3nd gen vs 4th is a harder question. If you play lots of games in high resolution, get the 4th because you will notice the speed there. Otherwise, the speed will be hard to notice in real world use.

If gamer = get 4th gen wifi if the cellular is too costly
If not gamer = get 3rd gen with cellular.

Best.
Thank you for your suggestion.I would consider it.
Yes, I mean 3rd gen ipad with wifi and cellular and 4th gen ipad with only wifi.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even though the benchmarks clearly show the 4th to be faster, the real world difference is not enough to justify an upgrade for most of us who own the 3rd gen iPad. So, if money is a factor and you want cellular, which I greatly enjoy having on my tablets, then that 3nd gen with cellular is a good option. But some folks really like playing games. Since both of these iPads have retina screen, they both do high resolution graphics in games. The extra horsepower of the 4th gen could make a difference here. But in the more mundane thinks we all do on our tablets, I don't think the differences are very noticeable. The 3nd gen iPad is not slow.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought this was a poll between Mini and Regular 4th Generation. Heck, you know what your needs are better then I do. Personally for me I don't need to have my iPad on a data plan, but that's me. I'd say if you plan on taking it out then get the data plan. If you are using it only at home, or places that have wifi available then why pay for a data plan?

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or if you can tether it. I went with wifi only this go around. I just didn't use the cellular much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Johnboysupergolf said:
Would any new iPad not come with ios 601 pre installed- meaning no google maps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At this point in time it's extremely unlikely that any new iPad would still be sold with iOS 5.1.1 installed. iPads sell too fast for one to be sitting in the store since September, when iOS 6 came out.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
I thought this was a poll between Mini and Regular 4th Generation. Heck, you know what your needs are better then I do. Personally for me I don't need to have my iPad on a data plan, but that's me. I'd say if you plan on taking it out then get the data plan. If you are using it only at home, or places that have wifi available then why pay for a data plan?

I have wifi and tether w my iPhone when I am away from home.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

OP
K

kafka1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally bought ipad4(wifi only)last week. Opening the mobile hotspot function of my android cell phone, I could surfer the internet with my ipad away from home.

Most reactions

Latest posts