What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Bezel do you prefer?

Which Bezel do you prefer?

• The Original One

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • The Thinner One

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Gselsidi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys quick poll here, which bezel do you prefer?

The original or the thinner bezel?

and please guys everyone vote, theres been like 160 people on here and only 5 votes! please vote it would help out alot, thanks.

Attachments

• Small bezel1.jpg
    Small bezel1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 320
  • ipad.jpg
    ipad.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Visually, I like it thinner, but you also need a place for you fingers to overlap to the front with out interacting with the screen. I would have to use the thin one for a while to say for sure.

DroidUser84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also prefer the thinner one, which I feel most everyone will, however like pallentx said, in actual practice in may not work as well.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're redesigning the iPad, start by making the bottom flat and then add a screw in fixture like you find at the bottom of cameras for tripod mounting. That would allow easier ways of installing the iPad to stands. Then, one one could quickly screw in a type of ring to the bottom that would serve to hold the device by sliding the middle finger in. At that point you can think of reducing the bezel. This bezel would be a great way to reduce the overall size of the iPad but still retain the same screen size.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
YES, a flat bottom please! I dont know what they were thinking with a curved bottom on something you would frequently set on a table and type on.

OP
G

Gselsidi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're redesigning the iPad, start by making the bottom flat and then add a screw in fixture like you find at the bottom of cameras for tripod mounting. That would allow easier ways of installing the iPad to stands. Then, one one could quickly screw in a type of ring to the bottom that would serve to hold the device by sliding the middle finger in. At that point you can think of reducing the bezel. This bezel would be a great way to reduce the overall size of the iPad but still retain the same screen size.

Why do you want to hook it up to tripod stands?? lol

I don't think the finger thing should be that big of a problem, most of the time i dont have my fingers on the bezel anyway, but for people that do i think it should be ok. There is also going to be a kick stand type of thing to keep it up.

I was just curious which looked better. I also thought the thinner bezel made it look sleeker, i just wanted to confirm that opinion.

OP
G

Gselsidi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES, a flat bottom please! I dont know what they were thinking with a curved bottom on something you would frequently set on a table and type on.

I believe it was done to make the device seem thinner then it is. If it was a flat bottom then it would be thicker all around the edges, but since its curved they can start make the edges thinner and make the whole device seem thin. If you look at the ipad on the table you can see that where the curved part is, it's the whole length of the side. I can't really explain it well but i hope its understandable lol

Most reactions

Latest posts