What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create forms that can be filled out

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to create a form that can be filled out on the iPad

specifically I do property management and would like to have my rental applications iPad based where they can fill out the info directly on my iPad

it doesn't matter where the form has to be created, ideally I can create forms like these on MS Word and transfer them to iPad

any suggestion?

UPDATE

iPad Forum members please help get this idea to the top of the list it will be a huge help for many people, just sign up for the website so you can vote.

He everyone go to this link and vote to get quickoffice for ipad to support filling out pdf forms an the ipad: Support for Form Fields in Documents - Quickoffice for iPad - by IdeaScale

You get 5 votes so use them all on this feature

PLZ :)

Last edited:

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try something like Bento or Handbase. They don't allow custom forms but may work for you.

Cheers,

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest issue (for me) with all of these apps is none of the have (yet) the ability to create a custom form. Once Handbase has that (as the Windows Mobile version does), then you can do some really complex and interesting things. It's almost like an app creation program.

Cheers,

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the forms I use are made on Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. I am sure there are a lot better ways to make a simple form. I have also made forms on Word and save as .dot program

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can create a form with adobe acrobat form but how do I get it to be a fillable form on my ipad What app do I use to open it up. ? safari

OP
I

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can create a form with adobe acrobat form but how do I get it to be a fillable form on my ipad What app do I use to open it up. ? safari

do you have a pdf viewer app? if so does it not let you fill out the forms on there?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just put up a form on a webpage and fill it out online? Then you don't have to synch, and the data is available in real time to everyone using it.

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pdf form

No the pdf viewer apps dont let you edit the forms and believe me I have tried them all. Takenotes lets you use the pdf as a background and you can type text on top of it but it is not like filling out a form. Breauxsoftware.com has some apps in the store which are exactly what I am looking for (including signatures) but they use his forms. I want to be able to create my own forms and fill them out on the ipad. That developer wont make personal apps for my forms and is not planning an app that lets you make and fill out your own forms.

As far as putting it online I think that is what I need to do but I am a newbie in that dept. Do I output for acrobat to html? How do I get it online. I am a mobileme user

I think that any developer that creates an app that lets you export pdf forms created in acrobat to the ipad will make a lot of money..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No the pdf viewer apps dont let you edit the forms and believe me I have tried them all. Takenotes lets you use the pdf as a background and you can type text on top of it but it is not like filling out a form. Breauxsoftware.com has some apps in the store which are exactly what I am looking for (including signatures) but they use his forms. I want to be able to create my own forms and fill them out on the ipad. That developer wont make personal apps for my forms and is not planning an app that lets you make and fill out your own forms.

As far as putting it online I think that is what I need to do but I am a newbie in that dept. Do I output for acrobat to html? How do I get it online. I am a mobileme user

I think that any developer that creates an app that lets you export pdf forms created in acrobat to the ipad will make a lot of money..

Do you want your forms to have database capabilities? i.e. associate, sort & search or simply a form to save as a single file?

OP
I

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do you want your forms to have database capabilities? i.e. associate, sort & search or simply a form to save as a single file?

either or would work for me, I can email myself the form and sort them on my office pc. for me personally the ipad is a mobile device not my main source of computing.

when I meet with a prospect I would love for them to be able to fill out their application on the ipad, I email it to myself so I can access it at the office, or send to a printer to print it out with that app that lets you print anywhere.

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me

I agree with iMo

I can go either way. A database would be better but my main goal is just to fill out the form, sign it and email it to my main computer or printer. Some of the fields do need to be multiple checkbox and editable that output as a text string. Not just text fields.

ie If I check apples, oranges and pears but not bananas, the field displays apples, oranges, pears. Later if I want to add mangos to the list I can do it easily.

esad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about this?

ttp://macmost.com/creating-forms-in-ipad-numbers.html

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The form feature is good for getting things into a spreadsheet. The trick is making a spreadsheet into the form you want. Maybe that can be done on the mac and imported to numbers for ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts