What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does my iPad put a song downloaded from e-mail?

beckmanez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend e-mailed me a song in .m4a format. When I tapped the icon, it looked like the iPad downloaded it, but now I cannot find it in iTunes or anywhere else. Where did it go?
Holding a finger on the icon does not bring up a Save Song option, nor an "Open With" option. Do I need an app of some sort?
I'm an iPad newbie, so sorry if this is obvious. I did search the forum but could not find this specific answer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My question is - did the song play from within the Mail app? If it did, then it was just the Mail app itself playing the song. The song is still within the app (and, therefore, inaccessible to you).

If it did not play, may I recommend OPlayer HD. It's an all-purpose player (videos and music). You can get a free lite version (has ads). Then, once that song gets loaded into OPlayer HD, it is accessible within that app; it'll stay there until you delete it.

Then, there's always the option of taking the file and putting it on your Mac/PC so you can put it into iTunes for adding during a sync.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts