1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

E-mail files in Infranview on my ipad.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by nehpets, Nov 10, 2013.

1. nehpets

nehpets iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not able to open E-mail attachments in my Ipad sent from my PC. The attachments are in Irfanview format. I am not conversant with changing to other type of files. I can open in my PC - no problems. Help please.Thanks
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,695 / 0
    To view Irfanview documents on an iPad, you need to have an app that can read those types of files.

I could not find anything with Irfanview in its name on the AppStore - but that doesn't mean there isn't one. So, the only thing I can suggest is to do a search of the Web to see if such an app exists.

Sorry to not be of more assistance.

Marilyn
  3. nehpets

nehpets iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Marilyn, Will try as suggested.
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Hi Nehpets - I used IrfanView for years on my PCs (both office & home) - switched over to Apple in my retirement - this program is mainly used for image editing and saving w/ multiple import formats accepted and more limited on export options (check HERE) - SO, if you are talking about image attachments to your emails and select a common choice, such as JPEG, I see no reason that the iPad cannot open the attachment - please let us know the formats that you are trying to email to your iPad - Dave :)
  5. nehpets

nehpets iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dave, Thanks. I took photos with my new iPad and transferred to my PC for editing. Opened them with IrfanView and added text and saved them in PC. As I could not send the edited version back to my iPad I sent them as attachments in an E-mail to my self. I can open all the attachments on my PC but on the iPad when I click the attachments I see Mail flag and does not open. Perhaps I am missing something. Thanks again. Nehpets.
  6. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Hi again - not sure 'what' the problem may be - I'm assuming that the files are being saved as JPEGs after your editing - correct? An alternate choice is the use the 'cloud' - plenty of choices - just as a first suggestion (and if not already done, of course) - put Dropbox on your PC and on your iPad - transfer the edited images to your PC Dropbox folder and then pick them up on the iPad - hope this helps (and will be quicker) - let us know. Dave
  7. nehpets

nehpets iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They were not saved as JPEG's. I have conveted them and they work fine now. Thanks a lot for the help. Regards.Nehpets
  8. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    GREAT! That was my first thought as implied - but you might still want to consider Dropbox, ​just a nice 'alternate' to have on your iPad - Dave :)