What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail files in Infranview on my ipad.

nehpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not able to open E-mail attachments in my Ipad sent from my PC. The attachments are in Irfanview format. I am not conversant with changing to other type of files. I can open in my PC - no problems. Help please.Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To view Irfanview documents on an iPad, you need to have an app that can read those types of files.

I could not find anything with Irfanview in its name on the AppStore - but that doesn't mean there isn't one. So, the only thing I can suggest is to do a search of the Web to see if such an app exists.

Sorry to not be of more assistance.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am not able to open E-mail attachments in my Ipad sent from my PC. The attachments are in Irfanview format. I am not conversant with changing to other type of files. I can open in my PC - no problems. Help please.Thanks

Hi Nehpets - I used IrfanView for years on my PCs (both office & home) - switched over to Apple in my retirement - this program is mainly used for image editing and saving w/ multiple import formats accepted and more limited on export options (check HERE) - SO, if you are talking about image attachments to your emails and select a common choice, such as JPEG, I see no reason that the iPad cannot open the attachment - please let us know the formats that you are trying to email to your iPad - Dave :)

OP
N

nehpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Nehpets - I used IrfanView for years on my PCs (both office & home) - switched over to Apple in my retirement - this program is mainly used for image editing and saving w/ multiple import formats accepted and more limited on export options (check HERE) - SO, if you are talking about image attachments to your emails and select a common choice, such as JPEG, I see no reason that the iPad cannot open the attachment - please let us know the formats that you are trying to email to your iPad - Dave :)
Hi Dave, Thanks. I took photos with my new iPad and transferred to my PC for editing. Opened them with IrfanView and added text and saved them in PC. As I could not send the edited version back to my iPad I sent them as attachments in an E-mail to my self. I can open all the attachments on my PC but on the iPad when I click the attachments I see Mail flag and does not open. Perhaps I am missing something. Thanks again. Nehpets.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave, Thanks. I took photos with my new iPad and transferred to my PC for editing. Opened them with IrfanView and added text and saved them in PC. As I could not send the edited version back to my iPad I sent them as attachments in an E-mail to my self. I can open all the attachments on my PC but on the iPad when I click the attachments I see Mail flag and does not open. Perhaps I am missing something. Thanks again. Nehpets.

Hi again - not sure 'what' the problem may be - I'm assuming that the files are being saved as JPEGs after your editing - correct? An alternate choice is the use the 'cloud' - plenty of choices - just as a first suggestion (and if not already done, of course) - put Dropbox on your PC and on your iPad - transfer the edited images to your PC Dropbox folder and then pick them up on the iPad - hope this helps (and will be quicker) - let us know. Dave

OP
N

nehpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again - not sure 'what' the problem may be - I'm assuming that the files are being saved as JPEGs after your editing - correct? An alternate choice is the use the 'cloud' - plenty of choices - just as a first suggestion (and if not already done, of course) - put Dropbox on your PC and on your iPad - transfer the edited images to your PC Dropbox folder and then pick them up on the iPad - hope this helps (and will be quicker) - let us know. Dave
They were not saved as JPEG's. I have conveted them and they work fine now. Thanks a lot for the help. Regards.Nehpets

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They were not saved as JPEG's. I have conveted them and they work fine now. Thanks a lot for the help. Regards.Nehpets

GREAT! That was my first thought as implied - but you might still want to consider Dropbox, ​just a nice 'alternate' to have on your iPad - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts