What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When does the warranty begin?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I buy an iPad, when does the warranty start? This can be important if I purchase it as a gift because it might be a while before the owner registers it.

I did a search. Half the answers that pop up are "from the date of purchase" (however that might be defined) and half are "from the date it is registered" (a more precise thing!).

What is the REAL story?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The standard warranty starts when the iPad is purchased. If you get AppleCare+, it starts when the AppleCare is registered with Apple. Most of the time these two dates are the same if you purchased AppleCare at the same time you purchased the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here's the online version of the basic warrantee, if you want to wade through it.

Apple - Legal

WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
Apple Inc. of One Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, U.S.A. 95014 (“Apple”) warrants the Apple-branded iPhone, iPad or iPod hardware product and accessories contained in the original packaging (“Apple Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Apple’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.

Most reactions

Latest posts