What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap iPads on penny bids.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You see many of these sites popping up where they sell items 95percent off. There is even an Ad flashing on this forum about cheap iPads,just be aware. Just read about one on a TV site touting how great they are,dont beleive it. I found this small print at the bottom of the page all hidden away.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:
* We are not affiliated in any way with CNN, WebTV, News Channel 5, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, U.S. News or FOX. CNN, WebTV, News Channel 5, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, U.S. News and FOX are all registered trademarks of their respective owners. ® All trademarks on this web site whether registered or not, are the property of their respective owners. The authors of this web site are not sponsored by or affiliated with any of the third-party trade mark or third-party registered trade mark owners, and make no representations about them, their owners, their products or services.
* THIS PAGE RECEIVES COMPENSATION FOR CLICKS ON OR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS FEATURED ON THIS SITE.
* THE STORY DEPICTED ON THIS SITE AND THE PERSON DEPICTED IN THE STORY ARE NOT REAL. RATHER THIS STOTY IS BASED ON THE RESULTS THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THESE PRODUCTS HAVE ACHIEVED. THE RESULTS PROTRAYED IN THE STORY AND IN THE COMMENTS ARE ILLUSTRATIVE AND MAY NOT BE THE RESULTS THAT YOU ACHIEVE WITH THESE PRODUCTS. THIS PAGE RECEIVES COMPENSATION FOR CLICKS ON OR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS FEATURED ON THIS SITE.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those sites make tons of money. I registered for beezid.com a while back and discovered what they are really up to. The bids really do start off very low (most likely a penny) and each bid raises the price one cent. The catch is you pay for each bid, which run you a dollar a bid unless you shell out hundreds to buy them in bulk. An iPad selling for $30 that started at a penny scored 2,999 bids. Even though the iPad sold for $30 and it cost them $729 (assuming a 32 gig wifi/3G) they brought in $2,999. Major profit there.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If people used their brains, it is clear that there is no way in hell you can buy a hot selling product like the iPad for 95% off. In my personal opinion, the forum should not allow those ads because they are clearly misleading.

But, I am sure this forum is earning a few dollars from the ads so they will remain. I think they are dishonest and ever so misleading, though.

Bob

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct Bob,matter of fact there are a couple of class action suits going on right now in California,plus the Cal AG are trying to run down another who was using a post office box for his office. I think this site should take the add down or put up a message telling the forum members to be aware.

Al

Al.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Al, Can you let me know exactly what site is running the advertising? We can have it blocked.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Y'all are absolutely correct. I got my iPad off a penny site. Worst decide I could ever make I will never do it again. I am thankfully for my iPad, I got super lucky. I don't believe in luck, but if you actually win something for less than retail on a penny site it's lucky :)

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Al, Can you let me know exactly what site is running the advertising? We can have it blocked.

Its the big banner add at the top of the page as you log onto the forum.

I will try and get the website name for you.

Al.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Its the big banner add at the top of the page as you log onto the forum.

I will try and get the website name for you.

Al.

The ad is there now as I type,its a google ad,I clicked on it and it took me to their web page which is QuiBids. The ads rotate after the Zagg banner and the Capital One Credit card.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good job, Al!

Maybe I should change my name to Sherlock. I was taken for $70.00 dollars when I joined to start bidding,after the 2nd day they pulled out and left the website and everyone was taken. Thats why Im warning people.

Al.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Like this one. Wow, I can buy iPads for 90% off. From the bottom of this page

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did bid on a Bugatti Veyron. Got mine for 23.00 plus they tossed in a case of car wax.

Most reactions

Latest posts