What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cloud Atlas. My head is still spinning. Possibly the most ambitious film ever made, it was probably doomed to imperfection...but there's so much to like it doesn't matter. This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

I listened to the book on audible..... but the movie added clarity that I found lacking in the audio. Still not sure if I totally understand everything in the movie, but I enjoyed it and bought the bluray with the plan to watch it several more times.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Call me Claus w Whoopi Goldberg.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Watched The Great Race last night. Why can't they make movies like this anymore??

I think I'll go buy Mary Poppins this week

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
After watching 'Catching Fire' on the weekend I had to re-watch 'The Hunger Games' and now I have to see 'Catching Fire' again. IMAX, Friday, 12:05PM.
It may be one of the most beautifully filmed IMAX theatrical release films ever. I'm pleased the studio chose not to shoot the picture in 3D.
IMAX in 2 dimensions works with this film because there's a rich story and great characters in FRONT of the action / adventure aspect.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Shawshank Redemption" with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman (and a few other known actors).

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. This film got poor reviews, mainly for not following the novel more closely. But we enjoyed it for the opportunity to learn about an unfamiliar culture, as well as for its beautiful images.

Then again, we borrow DVDs from the local library for free. I might have been annoyed had I endured the indignity of actually going to a theater to watch this movie. Not likely, as we gave up on movie theaters when cell phones got popular.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
P. S.: I love you (Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank)
There are a few nice songs as well in this movie.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my goodness Johanna. This makes me cry every time! So sad but two of the handsomest actors ever!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The story pulls at my heartstrings.
I read the book afterwards. It's better (books always are), and there are quite a few differences to the movie.

I know that she's a great actress. She 's not my favourite, though.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True, not mine either. You can't beat Julia Robert's smile or Sandra Bullock's fun filled escapades. My all time favourite was Audrey Hepburn.

Most reactions

Latest posts