What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

share2jason

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gravity, 3D science-fiction thriller and space drama film directed, co-written, co-produced and co-edited by Alfonso Cuarón. The film stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts involved in the mid-orbit destruction of a space shuttle and their attempt to return to Earth.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. This film got poor reviews, mainly for not following the novel more closely. But we enjoyed it for the opportunity to learn about an unfamiliar culture, as well as for its beautiful images.

The story had potential, but the movie seemed weak and choppy to me. Too bad, because every time one of those movies fails, it makes it harder to get money to make the next one.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gravity, 3D science-fiction thriller and space drama film directed, co-written, co-produced and co-edited by Alfonso Cuarón. The film stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts involved in the mid-orbit destruction of a space shuttle and their attempt to return to Earth.

I liked the quiet and calm tone of the movie, but I found the story contrived and the characters underdeveloped, which weakened the storytelling for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hunger Games cathching Fire, it is better than the first one....

I enjoyed the latest one, even though I don't usually like those kinds of movies. I liked it enough to want to check out the first one, though I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw "Dallas Buyers Club." It was well written and well acted. It needed tighter editing to keep it from dragging at times.

Matthew McConaughey was really convincing. Jared Leto was a standout.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aside from mindless lifetime Xmas movies, it's a wonderful life via DVD.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Attack of the 50-foot Woman, the 1958 original. Pretty much defines the concept "it's so bad, it's good." Put another way, it's still 100X better than Apollo 18! :)

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Attack of the 50-foot Woman, the 1958 original. Pretty much defines the concept "it's so bad, it's good." Put another way, it's still 100X better than Apollo 18! :) This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.
To follow that up, you'll have to watch "Attack of The Killer Tomatoes"

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Right. Still, it's hard to beat Amazon Women On The Moon...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
An American Xmas Carol w/Henry Winkler circa 1978.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions