What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's the best jailbreak and are there any media players other than the ipod player?

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to jailbreak my ipad. I know this causes problems when there is an update to the OS on the iphone so assume it is the same on Ipad. I also want to simply drag files like avis across into my ipad and play them on a player like VLC or similar. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be the best on both subjects? Thanks so much, Alan

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have any thoughts on the JB, I used Spirit when I first got my 'Pad and have not done anything to mess it up since.

As far as video players, VLC (free) is out but not very good, needs to be fixed. Video stutters (at least for me). I think it will be fixed in the future but stay away from it for now.

CineXplayer is good for me.Plays most all videos I throw at it. It is $3.99 and available in the App Store.
CineXPlayer ? The best way to enjoy your Xvid movies for iPad on the iTunes App Store

I also use Oplayer HD. I use this for files that CineXplayer can't play. I have noticed a couple of stutters here and there but nothing big. It is $4.99 in the App store.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oplayer-hd/id373236724?mt=8

These are my opinions, YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts