What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Will Santa be Bringing For You

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm curious.... What presents are you expecting this year? How are these presents different to what you would have liked? I'm expecting the usual pjs and slippers but would love a new iMac. Might have to treat myself :).

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, our dog decided to eat a ham bone on Thanksgiving and it got stuck in her digestive system. A $900 vet bill later, she is alive and blew all our Christmas money, so she is our Christmas this year(insert "dog ate my Christmas" joke here). We plan to put a bow on her head Christmas morning. She should LOVE that(not!)
So our kids are just getting a book from Santa each and an iTunes gift card for their devices each plus a board game to share. I had bought a pair of boots in a February clearance sale last year that will be wrapped up & placed under the tree. I sortof feel guilty because I'll be opening a very nice & pricey gift compared to everybody else BUT what can I do about it really? I mean, I bought them 10 months ago for this specific purpose. Plus I have no extra money to spend to get a "cheaper" gift to replace them. The hubs is getting a Wyoming ball cap and winter hat. I might try to get him a book on WWII.
I dunno, this year is just weird.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Well, our dog decided to eat a ham bone on Thanksgiving and it got stuck in her digestive system. A $900 vet bill later, she is alive and blew all our Christmas money, so she is our Christmas this year(insert "dog ate my Christmas" joke here). We plan to put a bow on her head Christmas morning. She should LOVE that(not!)
So our kids are just getting a book from Santa each and an iTunes gift card for their devices each plus a board game to share. I had bought a pair of boots in a February clearance sale last year that will be wrapped up & placed under the tree. I sortof feel guilty because I'll be opening a very nice & pricey gift compared to everybody else BUT what can I do about it really? I mean, I bought them 10 months ago for this specific purpose. Plus I have no extra money to spend to get a "cheaper" gift to replace them. The hubs is getting a Wyoming ball cap and winter hat. I might try to get him a book on WWII.

I am so happy that the dog is going to be okay. I suppose she is a 'conehead' right now. Anyway, don't worry be happy because these things have a way of working out. E.G. We spent $750 on dental work on one of our cats because he seemed in pain. Really couldn't afford it but we made a commitment when we adopted him. The next week I won $745 on a quick pick Provincial lottery. See....... :)

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
I am so happy that the dog is going to be okay. I suppose she is a 'conehead' right now. Anyway, don't worry be happy because these things have a way of working out. E.G. We spent $750 on dental work on one of our cats because he seemed in pain. Really couldn't afford it but we made a commitment when we adopted him. The next week I won $745 on a quick pick Provincial lottery. See....... :)

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

Yes I agree! Thank God your dog is ok. Eeek! Sending lots of Good Luck wishes your way. Hope you and your family still have a Merry Christmas.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious.... What presents are you expecting this year? How are these presents different to what you would have liked? I'm expecting the usual pjs and slippers but would love a new iMac. Might have to treat myself :).

I'm expecting absolutely NOTHING and neither are our large number of family members that will gather this year at our place for Christmas.
To explain: rather than give the usual presents of books, a bottle of scotch, the after shave lotion, the perfume from K-mart, a bottle of shiraz from Liquorland, the tin of fine chocolates, the pair of socks ( you get the picture) we all, surprisingly without too much debate, decided this year to each chip in generously and give a "charity gift". We decided to contribute to Oxfam for a specific gift of a goat to be provided to a needy community in Africa. We decided that to help a family in a state of poverty in any of those poor communities would give all of us more satisfaction than receiving a bunch of, sometimes unwanted, presents in the usual "Chris Kringle" present opening ceremonies.
This of course does not exclude presents for the smaller kids, grand children etc. Rather than the sometimes tedious opening of presents by the adults, each watching for a sign of satisfaction or maybe disappointment ( not getting an iPad? LOL) , it's far better to sit back with a drink and listen to their squeals of joy when the wrapping paper is roughly torn apart, and quietly imagine the pleasure of that village taking possession of that milk-producing goat.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm expecting absolutely NOTHING and neither are our large number of family members that will gather this year at our place for Christmas.
To explain: rather than give the usual presents of books, a bottle of scotch, the after shave lotion, the perfume from K-mart, a bottle of shiraz from Liquorland, the tin of fine chocolates, the pair of socks ( you get the picture) we all, surprisingly without too much debate, decided this year to each chip in generously and give a "charity gift". We decided to contribute to Oxfam for a specific gift of a goat to be provided to a needy community in Africa. We decided that to help a family in a state of poverty in any of those poor communities would give all of us more satisfaction than receiving a bunch of, sometimes unwanted, presents in the usual "Chris Kringle" present opening ceremonies.
This of course does not exclude presents for the smaller kids, grand children etc. Rather than the sometimes tedious opening of presents by the adults, each watching for a sign of satisfaction or maybe disappointment ( not getting an iPad? LOL) , it's far better to sit back with a drink and listen to their squeals of joy when the wrapping paper is roughly torn apart, and quietly imagine the pleasure of that village taking possession of that milk-producing goat.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's nice!!! Dunno your financial situation but I know I would go broke buying gifts for the numerous grand kids / nieces and nephews every year!!! I have neither lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Ha, Mommy deserves a nice gift for Xmas. Will you open it in front of them? How did the doggie get a hold of the ham bone?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought myself an iPod touch 5th gen. 64GB. Milesy will get some stuff, I need to get online lol. I will wrap a couple for him as he loves paper.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
That's nice!!! Dunno your financial situation but I know I would go broke buying gifts for the numerous grand kids / nieces and nephews every year!!! I have neither lol.

That's fabulous. We usually give to charity at Christmas too but still have one gift each open.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Ha, Mommy deserves a nice gift for Xmas. Will you open it in front of them? How did the doggie get a hold of the ham bone?

Thanks for all the well wishes and glad tidings, everybody:) She is doing great now and is nearly done with her antibiotics and anti inflammatory meds. Yes, even if she hadn't made it, that money was well spent and it was never a question of "would we try" because she is a family member. Money is just money. She is a great Christmas gift!

Relatives gave her the bone after our Thanksgiving meal(we didn't even make the dang ham...I HATE HAM!). So much for having company over, but I am sure they meant well!

I have boys, so they won't care if I open boots in front of them. They'll probably be thankful they didn't get any! I'm just the one who knows how nice they are and what they cost, even on clearance, so the guilt:( But you can't know the future and I wouldn't have bought them if I had known, so it wasn't intentional. I need to just get over it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see my son's face when he finds his iPad mini. That will be enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting lovely stories and words of encouragement from the friends iPad Forums.
I usually ask Santa for World Peace. He usually says, "no."
One Christmas morning I'll be surprised. We'll all be surprised.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
thats really sweet Kevin.

Thanks, Ivy. There's another's thread somewhere that asks if you regret buying a mini. Have to admit, I'm a teeny bit jealous of his 32Gb mini, when I'm struggling with 16Gb on my 2. A good part of the reason is the automatic sync between his iPod and my iPad, so I have loads of games I never play. I won't be able to get rid of them either, because his buddy is at my house every weekend and "borrows" my iPad the second he walks through the door.

That's one reason my post signatures change when I get home. I rarely post from home on the iPad, because I can't get a hold of it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts