What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What orentation do you use the most? Landscape or portriat?

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just want to know how many people use their iPad in landscape mode vs. portrait mode?

I mainly like the landscape mode bigger keyboard easier to hold!

Sent from my AT&T iPad Mini 16gb

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally don't know how to do it on here, but I think this would make an interesting Poll, if it already hasn't been done. BTW, I seem to use portrait most of the time.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use landscape way more than portrait.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Landscape exclusively, except for a few iPhone apps that are too dumb to rotate.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape, unless using iPhone app or portrait orientation pictures, with the home button to the left

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
landscape by far.. use to only use portrait. but now I use landscape. unless I'm using an app that's portrait only or reading a book

Tapatalk'd iP5

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
landscape or portrait use for me is based entirely upon what I am doing. I primarily use my iPad for web surfing (landscape), watching of videos/TV (landscape), looking at pictures (either, depending on orientation of pictures) and reading of books and manuals (portrait).

Ian HB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Invariably landscape for me, and always with the home button to the left; it just feels wrong the other way round :0)

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape for me too, 99% of the time, but it is only what I got used to from first having my iPad.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But you can't take photos with the Home button on the left. You'll be blocking the lens.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But you can't take photos with the Home button on the left. You'll be blocking the lens.

I think you will find you can. It is basically turning the iPad upside down. The camera lens will always be on the opposite side whichever way you set your iPad. Horse for courses, really. The iPad is so flexible that way IMHO.
Try it and see.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts