What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is left to add on iPad3? Worth the wait?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
steve-jobs-points-to-the-audience1.jpg

You there!........ Yes, you!.... Who allowed you to bring a Droid in this room?

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Greed made the rush it? Don't they typically release the next generation about a year later? It wasn't out 6 months later. Right? Admit it.

And ~

What about those of us that don't have an iPhone?

I said They Could've deviated from their Normal schedule. I'm aware that Apple updates it's products on a Yearly basis. It is My opinion that Apple should've spent more time developing the second generation iPad. It wasn't like They where hurting for business. (People would waited a little longer.) I guess I should've used the word Pride instead of Greed.

And there where Rumors that the release date might extend past the Yearly mark. Leading Me to believe that some in the Apple camp wanted to spend more time on the iPad2 (All Speculation on My part, mind You.)

And for those that don't have an iPhone, but have an iPad.....Buy one!!! It's cheaper than upgrading to iPad2. They are made to work together. The iPhone will supplement the iPad and vice versa. An 8gig iPhone(3Gs) or iPod touch w/camera is about two-hundred or so. Where as, a Brand new iPad2 starts at 499. Not to mention the ability to tether your data-plan to iPad.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
Marie.... don't try and confuse him with logic!

Logic would be waiting for more features. It is very illogical to purchase a device for Minor improvements over the the prior one. It doesn't make sense, financially. But must people are prone to Impulse spending and that is what Apple is banking on! Would you purchase the 2012 model of your Car just for Built-in Navigation, or leather seats?!? No You wouldn't.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
And send the bill to you, right?

If you where going to Upgrade to iPad2, you obviously have the pesos to do so Yourself.

I love this Thread topic!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And for those that don't have an iPhone, but have an iPad.....Buy one!!!
And send the bill to you, right?

If you where going to Upgrade to iPad2, you obviously have the pesos to do so Yourself.

But you just told me that I need an iPhone. If you are going to be making my buying decisions for me, then it is only fair that you bankroll the purchase out of your own pocket!

And I am sitting here scratching my head and thinking....

man-scratching-head.jpg

Why would you care how I spend my money? If I want an iPad2, I don't need your permission or approval to do so. Obviously you don't think it is a good value to upgrade from an iPad1 to an iPad2 so my advice to you is.... DON'T!

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
But you just told me that I need an iPhone. If you are going to be making my buying decisions for me, then it is only fair that you bankroll the purchase out of your own pocket!

And I am sitting here scratching my head and thinking....

Why would you care how I spend my money? If I want an iPad2, I don't need your permission or approval to do so. Obviously you don't think it is a good value to upgrade from an iPad1 to an iPad2 so my advice to you is.... DON'T!

Opinions, Sir/Madame are like Belly-buttons, everybody has one! You can take Mine with a grain of salt if You wish. I offer it without apology.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
If you eat celery in bed, you might find your navel a convenient place for putting the salt... LOL

"Take with a Grain of salt" is an American euphemism meaning: to pay something little attention.

In reference to belly-buttons. I could've said, "opinions are like assholes, everboby has one", but that seemed to vulgar.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They did not rush the iPad 2 into production. The word is that some last minute engineering was needed because some features was not available in quantities enough to meet the demand, but that was a vendor issue, not Apple's fault. The reason that Apple does annual updates is that it gives the buyers enough warning that if they buy in the month before the annual update, they will be obsolete soon. It also is great for building anticipation for the next model. If they make too many changes to each update, they chance ticking people off just as much as not enough changes. Every change means that there is an opportunity for new apps or modifying existing apps to work with the feature. But that can be months away. It can also means that old apps may need to be updated, and others may be obsolete. Apple tries to add enough to keep the product fresh and ahead of the competition, but not to where they are making radical changes that are not fully tested. Nor where the changes are not suitable for mass production at reasonable pricing.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And there where Rumors that the release date might extend past the Yearly mark. Leading Me to believe that some in the Apple camp wanted to spend more time on the iPad2 (All Speculation on My part, mind You.)

Given that there will always be new hardware and software components coming out, at some point you need to stop your R&D and get the product ready to market. I'm sure within the design team there will be always be the possibility to "just add one more feature", but Apple also keeps an eye on the market.

Even releasing (as some fans have described it) a half-baked upgrade has had the effect of pushing all the competition's news out of the limelight and consolidating Apple's reputation as the leading/only viable tablet designer (regardless of the merits of the iPad's competitors.) What people think and believe about your product is what leads to sales.

And as for Apple product rumours, where do you think they come from? (And they're one of the best kinds of marketing tools because people will readily spread the news far and wide, giving you free publicity and generating buzz - and it doesn't even have to be completely true.)

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Given that there will always be new hardware and software components coming out, at some point you need to stop your R&D and get the product ready to market. I'm sure within the design team there will be always be the possibility to "just add one more feature", but Apple also keeps an eye on the market.

Even releasing (as some fans have described it) a half-baked upgrade has had the effect of pushing all the competition's news out of the limelight and consolidating Apple's reputation as the leading/only viable tablet designer (regardless of the merits of the iPad's competitors.) What people think and believe about your product is what leads to sales.

And as for Apple product rumours, where do you think they come from? (And they're one of the best kinds of marketing tools because people will readily spread the news far and wide, giving you free publicity and generating buzz - and it doesn't even have to be completely true.)

I totally agree with everything you just said. Thanks for the objective view.

Most reactions

Latest posts