What is left to add on iPad3? Worth the wait?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SweetPoison, Mar 3, 2011.

1. A100

A100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iOS support to move files Move files ot and from iPad via USB or Sd. A Processor capable of streaming media, while still having the ability to use other Applications. Hands free protocol for Bluetooth headsets with Mics for placing calls over 3G or wifi etc.

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Hey.... at least I am predictable!

3. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Likely changes will include:
    SD card support
    Higher resolution screen
    More RAM
    Faster processor
    At some point, I expect that they will add a mini USB port for charging to comply with EEC regulations. The iPhone will probably get it first, so we will have a good idea of how they will implement the change. iPod port does too many things to easily be dismissed and if they do add Thunderbolt, it might be easier to do it as a dongle. I can envision a mini USB port on the side, so that when the iPad is on a generic stand, it can be charged in portrait position.

4. nateccnn

nateccnn
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    At this itme I am think, eh...dual core...not a big deal since apps don't even know what to do with the second core. Without true multitasking, who cares about dual core. So iPad 2 is not that appealing.

However...how quickly will devleopers start polishing their apps to take advanatge of the second core? Does 4.3 take advantage of it? In a few months will my iPad start becoming laggy because I don't have a second core?

These questions keep me interested. But until my iPad starts becoming more of a door stop, I am waiting for something a little more remarkable. And pissing and moaning that I could have saved a hundred bucks by waiting just a few months for this iPad I have. LOL Had the same feeling when I bought my truck...and the wife's SUV...and the boat...and the camper...and the TV...sigh...

Nate

5. iPad100

iPad100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    More RAM (say 1GB), and more storage space (I was expecting the choices to be 32, 64 and 128 GB for iPad2). ;-)

6. Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That's called the iTunes icon, but it only works for Steve Jobs. ;)

7. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Marie you will most likely have to wait until this time next year as this is the year of ipad2 according to uncle Steve........ If you are happy with your iPad one and cannot justify selling and upgrading then stay where you are iOS 4.3 will be an improvement for you when it is released. Plan b sell or pass on your iPad to your cat as I am sure the cat will love the piano apps and order a new toy from Apple for yourself. Then grab a can of Fosters and celebrate your decision.
    Oh one more thing. Please submit photos of your cat playing the piano

#17 col.bris, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  8. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    But please DO NOT add that video of your infant son Charlie biting his older brother's finger!

9. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I found this very funny. Great sense of humour!

10. RAC

RAC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, but also with enough file management capability to copy files (photos) from an SD card to a portable HDD. At the moment, I need to have my netbook with me to do this.

Glad to see also that home videos can not be played on ATV via AirPlay, I was quite disappointed to find that this is not possible at the moment.