What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad2 or wait for iPad3?

Victor2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I have the first gen iPad and want to upgrade. I believe Apple is going to announce the release date of the iPad 3 on March 6th which should be released later that month. I've heard about a quad core processor, retina display and a better camera (probably like the one in the iPhone4S). Of course nothing has been confirmed so I guess we'll all have to wait a few more weeks.

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you ask me on back they can keep old camera, but please put some hi-quality camera on front!

Landlord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get an iPad since about October last year, but have forced myself to wait for iPad 3. Well, that was the plan anyways. This past weekend I just couldn't hold it anymore, so I got myself a 16gb 3G and I must admit I'm looooving it. My biggest reason for taking the plunge now is that it is going to take several months before iPad3 gets released over here in South Africa. When that time comes, I will hand down the 2 to my gf or mom and upgrade.

My biggest question is just: why did I take so long to get one of these? They're awesome.

Last edited:

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landlord said:
I've been wanting to get an iPad since about October last year, but have forced myself to wait for iPad 3. Well, that was the plan anyways. This past weekend I just couldn't hold it anymore, so I got myself a 16gb 3G and I must admit I'm looooving it. My biggest reason for taking the plunge now is that it is going to take several months before iPad3 gets released over here in South Africa. When that time comes, I will hand down the 2 to my gf or mom and upgrade.

My biggest question is just: why did I take so long to get one of these? They're awesome.

Good call. Giving it to family takes some of the guilt out of buying the new one ;)

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 1. Skipping iPad 2. Going to purchase iPad 3 next February.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waited for the iPad 3 and don't regret it. Even if I had the iPad 2 I would have still upgraded to the 3.

ipadlover9876

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely iPad 3. It's like watching hd tv program ... Pictures are so much nicer to look at. I am glued to my iPad ;-)

shawn744

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, definitely the iPad 3 ! Bought my first iPad 3 days ago I went with the iPad 2..., as soon as I got it and saw the display wasnt as sharp as my iPhone 4s I got the three which I unpacked just a few hours ago. Big difference on the screen and cam. Must say though that the battery life isn't as great lol. I still have the iPad 2 and when I compare battery usage on both it's around 20% difference. But who knows that could be because it's still on the factory charge ? Anyways, enjoy!

-Shawn

Most reactions