What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is left to add on iPad3? Worth the wait?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kenworth said:
Maybe FLASH and a USB ??

I think USB might very well be superseded by a newer technology by the time iPad 3 comes around, so no. As for Flash, unless Adobe comes up with a viable mobile implementation which makes Apple reconsider (and again it would not be like anything we have right now), no again.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am. without words.
OMG there is a first time for everything!!!

Michael
<ducking & running :) >

I am coming for you Michael. Me AND my Paddy.:D

49a12194.png

uqmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.whatcanyousaytosiri.com
SweetPoison said:
We know that. Why do you always say that?

Because stupid speculation is pointless. Get 2 and sell it in time for 3.

Exactly. I sold my $499 ipad1 for $450 around Christmas. I plan to do the same with my ipad2. :D

Just make sure u get a good case and screen protector (and leave them on).

uqmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.whatcanyousaytosiri.com
Here's what I want in ipad3:

- usb ports with support for air cards
- sd card slot
- flash support
- bluetooth dial up networking
- widgets for the home page
- 7" ipad option
- greater screen resolution
- better cameras

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
uqmoore said:

- sd card slot
- flash support
- 7" ipad option
- better cameras

Not going to happen. Get a galaxy tab.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uqmoore said:

- sd card slot
- flash support
- 7" ipad option
- better cameras

Not going to happen. Get a galaxy tab.

At least not the flash or usb. The rest, I am not sure, he knows, more than me!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kenworth said:
Maybe FLASH and a USB ??

I think USB might very well be superseded by a newer technology by the time iPad 3 comes around, so no. As for Flash, unless Adobe comes up with a viable mobile implementation which makes Apple reconsider (and again it would not be like anything we have right now), no again.

Adobe is already working on it now. Some new tech or project called "wallaby". It supposed let's flash developers use it for devices that don't use flash and will convert the flash to html5 on the fly. That sounds like good news for iPad owners. They already testing it and is doing well so far. Check out the link below:
Wallaby: Flash To HTML5 Conversion Tool Brings Flash Content To iPhone, iPad, iPod touch | Redmond Pie

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It already comes with a cable that terminates to USB, and for those who need it, you can connect via the USB/SD camera connection, from cameras to hard drives for 29.00.

Wireless sync options abound, from Airshare, to AirStash, to MobileMe starting at 4.99.

For those who want flash on their iPad, use iSwifter for free.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I (sort of) recommend buying iSwifter if you want to play a Facebook game. Seems the free version will kick you out after x number of minutes, at least in Facebook. I lost a game of Farkle because of that lol.

I qualified with "sort of" because anything you have to sign in for is going through someone else. Facebook suspended my account because they suddenly saw me logging in from Seattle, WA when I was also logged in here in Arizona. So my FB credentials were being routed though iSwifter's servers. I was betting on Apple having checked out the security at least but still am a bit leery about operating through someone else like that.

Michael

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Tinman said:
I (sort of) recommend buying iSwifter if you want to play a Facebook game. Seems the free version will kick you out after x number of minutes, at least in Facebook. I lost a game of Farkle because of that lol.

I qualified with "sort of" because anything you have to sign in for is going through someone else. Facebook suspended my account because they suddenly saw me logging in from Seattle, WA when I was also logged in here in Arizona. So my FB credentials were being routed though iSwifter's servers. I was betting on Apple having checked out the security at least but still am a bit leery about operating through someone else like that.

Michael

I only use it for video viewing as the fb games I play are Multi input

Most reactions

Latest posts