What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you got to work on the "Camera Kit"

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What have you got to work on the "Camera Kit"

Has a list bgeen created of what users have managed to get to work connected to the "Camera Kit", I bought the kit because I thought I could connect some makes of memmory sticks and hard drives, not found one that works yet.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera kit works for 1-way transfer from a camera to your ipad.

things may change, and i have read stories about writing to a usb stick or reading from one directly. but I havent been able to do that.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you jailbreak you can't write to anything through the connection kit. I have gotten usb drives to work by using a powered hub. I've only used it to load pictures though. Probably work with videos too, but I haven't tried it.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the camera connector kit used to be able to connect anything from keyboards to USB headphones until Apple restricted it in some iOS3 update

Sent from K48

hugo007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my connection kit to view movies and as storage for my music and pictures (iFile and Goodplayer)
I use either a 16GB microSd or a 8GB kingston USB flash. However i also have a 16GB tiny SanDisk USB flash that dosn´t work :( (it needs to much power).
Anyone heard of a solution to increase the power output so that i can use the 16GB flash?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I use my connection kit to view movies and as storage for my music and pictures (iFile and Goodplayer)
I use either a 16GB microSd or a 8GB kingston USB flash. However i also have a 16GB tiny SanDisk USB flash that dosn´t work :( (it needs to much power).
Anyone heard of a solution to increase the power output so that i can use the 16GB flash?

You can use microsd cards with the cck? Via a little adapter used for laptops I assume, right? I have a 32 gb sd card going to waste. Would love to use it lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use microsd cards with the cck? Via a little adapter used for laptops I assume, right? I have a 32 gb sd card going to waste. Would love to use it lol

Sure, use the 32GB card with the CCK. It should work just fine (especially since you're jail broken, right?). I believe 32GB is the highest it goes right now, but still ...

Marilyn

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Sure, use the 32GB card with the CCK. It should work just fine (especially since you're jail broken, right?). I believe 32GB is the highest it goes right now, but still ...

Marilyn

How the heck did I not know of this? Lol. Sometimes the simplistic things slip past you...lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Apparently the camera connector kit used to be able to connect anything from keyboards to USB headphones until Apple restricted it in some iOS3 update

Sent from K48

This is true, I know some people used to use USB microphones for good quality podcast recording.
I personally used to use a USB barcode scanner. After the iOS update it no longer works and gives a message that the iPad can't give enough power and the devices is not compatible.

shiro666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it still work? Waiting for my camera kit to arrive, my ipad 2 is jailbroken. What app do I use for the mp3/video storage in the kit?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use the Cydia tweak iFile ($4.00, USD). Then, when you plug in the CCK (SD card works best with) and open iFile, it will show the contents of the SD card. Then, you can open the file(s) with either iFile or use the "Open In..." function.

Just be aware that if you open the file in another app, you will leave iFile to go to/use that app AND the file will be stored in that app. So, you'll have to delete it from the iPad once you are done and if you don't want it...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the Camera Connection Kit compatible with iPad 1, 2, and 3?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gayle said:
Is the Camera Connection Kit compatible with iPad 1, 2, and 3?

For camera only, all iPads are compatible. For more advanced stuff without jailbreaking, only iOS3 on the iPad 1.

Sent from K48

Most reactions

Latest posts