What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want as members from our forum?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about free ipad2's for members over 800 posts or more? ;-). I can truly say this is probaly my fav. Forum/site to check out. I love helping the new folks or people in need of assistance with their iPad's. Also adding my .02€ and ideas to threads. I'm also a seasoned member of the custommagnums.com forum( forum for dodge magnums) but I always find myself here checking things out as my love for technology is huge.
Like others have said, maybe a live chartroom for instant access and problem solving for iPad issues. Maybe a section or tab on how to become a moderator(hint hint lol). Maybe a section on hands on reviews of apps/games/accessories showing video's n such. That would be cool. Contests and giveaways would add to the fun also. I like this forum a lot as I've found countless tips and apps to satisfy my iPad appetite. I would also like to contribute more if possible, maybe down the road, as I would think being a moderator or working with the forum would be an enjoyable experience. I like how Phil does all the cool news vids on latest things out for iPad or iOS. Ive been around here long enough to see reg. Members become Moderators as I be surprised once I see the new tag lines on their profile pics.
Overall, IPadforums kick a$$ and that's why it has grown so much. Now with ipad2 released, we 2 generations deep now so the number of members only gonna grow exponentially ;-)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like the "Thanks" button added so we can quickly click a thank you when someone has answered our questions or given a good pointer. We don't have to get all involved in building rep and getting goodies or even counting/displaying thanks count. However, a quick little button to place our thanks is sweet for the person earning that thanks, it always makes me smile on other forums.... :)

::::::(like if someone thanked me for suggesting this it would make me smile) LOL::::::

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
How about free ipad2's for members over 800 posts or more? ;-). I can truly say this is probaly my fav. Forum/site to check out. I love helping the new folks or people in need of assistance with their iPad's. Also adding my .02€ and ideas to threads. I'm also a seasoned member of the custommagnums.com forum( forum for dodge magnums) but I always find myself here checking things out as my love for technology is huge.
Like others have said, maybe a live chartroom for instant access and problem solving for iPad issues. Maybe a section or tab on how to become a moderator(hint hint lol). Maybe a section on hands on reviews of apps/games/accessories showing video's n such. That would be cool. Contests and giveaways would add to the fun also. I like this forum a lot as I've found countless tips and apps to satisfy my iPad appetite. I would also like to contribute more if possible, maybe down the road, as I would think being a moderator or working with the forum would be an enjoyable experience. I like how Phil does all the cool news vids on latest things out for iPad or iOS. Ive been around here long enough to see reg. Members become Moderators as I be surprised once I see the new tag lines on their profile pics.
Overall, IPadforums kick a$$ and that's why it has grown so much. Now with ipad2 released, we 2 generations deep now so the number of members only gonna grow exponentially ;-)

Good luck with the moderator thing, I know I will never be a moderator. I wish I was though. I would stop causing fights. And I would be the youngest moderator!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like the "Thanks" button added so we can quickly click a thank you when someone has answered our questions or given a good pointer. We don't have to get all involved in building rep and getting goodies or even counting/displaying thanks count. However, a quick little button to place our thanks is sweet for the person earning that thanks, it always makes me smile on other forums.... :)

::::::(like if someone thanked me for suggesting this it would make me smile) LOL::::::

That's a great idea actually. I know the custom magnum forum has something like that. They call it beans or rep points. When someone posts something u found very useful or helpful to you, you can give them beans/ rep points. It shows, logistically, who has been very helpful or contributed a lot to solving the problems of other members or who has come up with great ideas.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks, B, for suggesting TTB ~ The Thanks Button!

:D

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a chat/ social area where people can ask questions related to the iPad and get an instant answer?

+1
love instant answers, some questions are left unanswered.that is frustrating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to see a better FAQ setup. That's not a reflection on the iPad forum moderators or admins. The Droid site is just as big a mess. Keeping it as a forum thread is just too hard to search and keep maintained, kind of like doing a database on a word processor. A sister Wiki site, or something like that would be wonderful.

It would also make the moderator's job easier in the long run, by providing well known links for common problems and questions.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Demandarin's idea of a section for hands on reviews......that would be really useful to me. It might also reduce the number of threads which start "do you know of a good note taking/flash/etc app".

The Archangel

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I like Demandarin's idea of a section for hands on reviews......that would be really useful to me. It might also reduce the number of threads which start "do you know of a good note taking/flash/etc app".

The challenge with that is you need to also have useful/meaningful reviews. There are far too many self-professed reviewers (with the best of intentions, no doubt) who just don't/can't write very well.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow what can I say fantastic response. As this thread only started a couple of days ago lets give it a week or so for more responses Then I will pass it on for mods and admin to review. Lots of fresh ideas coming from lots of great users.

Remember with out you our members we would not exist.....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops. Triple post. Can I get a moderator to delete two of those? My Internet dropped out and it triple posted.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we need a new level of moderator.....above super moderator level.......maybe called Darth Moderator?

Oh, and I think you should ban anyone who makes stupid comments in reply to a serious thread question!

The Archangel

I don't know about banning "stupidity" (the moderators wouldn't have any time left to do anything else) - but I will say that there have been many forums in which I've been an active member for a time, and then by virtue of the forum's membership growing larger and larger, the quality of posts began to deteriorate and the harmony of the board went sour, and members (including myself) simply left.

(On the other hand, I fully support a no-tolerance policy on trolls and troublemakers.)
Hey! I resent that!:mad:

I would have been banned in the first week!:p

::::::::::Smiles!:::::::::::::::

Me wants more smilies!!!...:D

No one uses the iPad image smilies and there's no laugh or Lol or no rofl smilie. Humor is essential in life...;)

Most reactions