What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want as members from our forum?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our forum is more than 1 year old and has grown in leaps and bounds. We now have 40,000 members which is amazing. Currently providing support to you our members we have 3 Moderators. 8 Super mods and 4 Admin. I personally along with Max, and Gentlefury plus admin have been here 12 months. What I think it is great our Mods are from around the world like myself in Australia So we offer not only American support but world wide support.

This is a second home for me along with iphone forums and I love it. It is my thought that although we have gone to great length to make this the best forum world wide that there is always areas that can be improved............

So my question to you as members is....based on what we have to offer what would you like to see added that will make the experience of using this forum and your ipad experience even better than before.

Thanks to all of you whom support us.........:):):):):):)

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about moving the little buttons for thread page numbers away from the "Return" button at the top of the page, that's just a couple of millimeters above them? My big fingers constantly hit that "Return" button when I really am aiming at the page number buttons. Also, put a set of the same page number buttons at the bottom, to the right of the "Previous page" button.

Or I just need skinnier fingers.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like the forum app to have some sort of icon for the threads I've replied to, like in the forums.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Integrate ignore user option so you get it when you click on the person's name next to their post. I haven't used the ignore feature yet, but I make good use of it on forums I post on more regularly and it's handy to have it built in vs. having to manually enter it in under the User CP.

2. Ignore thread feature under thread tools. I use this on other forums so threads I'm not interested in (yet stay near the top of the forum) don't display so as to reduce clutter.

3. I've seen mods close some threads for being rumor/speculation--i.e. about iPad 3 release date possibilities etc. That's silly to me as forums are for discussion and speculation IMO. That's caused me to spend more time on the Macrumors iPad forum than here.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would likes on the forum

Make the post window only as big as the comments each makes. This would allow for more posts per page. Better yet, if we could streamline the area taken for the post content, and less for all the profile info... then it would be a lot quicker to read thru the posts, as there would be more posts displayed at once per page.

I get e-mail notifications of my posts and responses. It is really EZ to review them. I like that format.

Profanity ... even truncated versions don't communicate, only irritates. Should be a no, no.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3. I've seen mods close some threads for being rumor/speculation--i.e. about iPad 3 release date possibilities etc. That's silly to me as forums are for discussion and speculation IMO. That's caused me to spend more time on the Macrumors iPad forum than here.
I haven't been here quite as long as my esteemed colleague, but I think I can speak for all the moderators when I say that we do not enjoy closing posts. Some reasons are obvious like ones that get too personal or have simply run their course. For other posts, its just a "gut feeling" that if certain posts are left open, they will degenerate to the point where they will eventually be closed.

And sometimes we're just wrong!

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I totally get the need to close threads. But think it should only be done when forum rules are being violated or they're totally off topic for the site etc.

The thread or two I'm thinking of was just people talking about whether the iPad 3 would be out before next spring, whether it was worth buying an iPad 2 or waiting etc. which I all thought was on point. I didn't see any real bickering or personal attacks in those threads.

It's a fine line between a forum having too much moderation and not enough moderation on a forum! So I understand you guys have a tough task!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about having a self destruct feature for any posting that mentions Flash?:) Lock any starting topic that mentions it, and if a post mentions it, replace the post with a great big DENIED DUE TO SUBJECT OVERLOAD.

Reaction score
I'd like to see a rescue squad type area for those who are having technical difficulties with their hardware, maybe call it troubleshooting section.
The forum has some great folks posting and is Tapatalk capable so other than a trouble shooting dedicated section I'm in paradise here.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We actually used to have a member who did that. He had a live IRC chat service where he would do just that. The problem was that I think he just got burned out.

EDIT: He is still a member, just not as active as he once was.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we need a new level of moderator.....above super moderator level.......maybe called Darth Moderator?

Oh, and I think you should ban anyone who makes stupid comments in reply to a serious thread question!

The Archangel

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about banning "stupidity" (the moderators wouldn't have any time left to do anything else) - but I will say that there have been many forums in which I've been an active member for a time, and then by virtue of the forum's membership growing larger and larger, the quality of posts began to deteriorate and the harmony of the board went sour, and members (including myself) simply left.

(On the other hand, I fully support a no-tolerance policy on trolls and troublemakers.)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about a chat/ social area where people can ask questions related to the iPad and get an instant answer?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
I'd like the forum app to have some sort of icon for the threads I've replied to, like in the forums.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

It already does. Down at the bottom the button that says "subscribed". That has all of the threads you have replied to.

Reaction score
We actually used to have a member who did that. He had a live IRC chat service where he would do just that. The problem was that I think he just got burned out.

EDIT: He is still a member, just not as active as he once was.

oh I don't mean live chat fast type thing but more like some of the stickies about resetting data, when apps freeze, soft resetting your ipad ,etc but with the ability to ask questions about specific problems and folks who know can help
i was just thinking that stuff can easily get lost in the general forum. I know I don't scroll beyond the 20 latest threads but joined so I could learn to be able to help others.
anyway thanks for responding

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts