What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hear in your environment right now?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be a newborn coming into the world! :);). ;):) :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2
Unfortunately not. Because of the storm, a tree was disrooted. It was a siren calling the volunteer fire brigade.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The wind outside, still strong, and my washing machine. My son talking with someone.
I'm living in a quiet street. No traffic most of the time.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Me too! No traffic! We don't even have a white line on the street, well I call it a road because it's just a baby street! It hasn't grown up yet! :);). :);) When does a road become a street? Anybody?

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Because of the storm, a tree was disrooted. It was a siren calling the volunteer fire brigade.

OH! I'm sorry to hear that. Our sirens sound when the ambulance, fire truck or whatever are arriving! You have sirens that call the vehicle and people to come? COOL!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OH! I'm sorry to hear that. Our sirens sound when the ambulance, fire truck or whatever are arriving! You have sirens that call the vehicle and people to come? COOL! :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2
There are two. One is in the tower of the fire station, the other one is somewhere nearer to my house. That's the one I heard.
We have a volunteer fire brigade. This means the men and (a few) women are at home or at work. If they are needed, the siren calls them. Afaik they also get an sms to their mobile phone.

Of course their cars and trucks have sirens as well.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...... When does a road become a street? Anybody?.....
etudanyt.jpg

When you are in a hurry to get to work:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too! No traffic! We don't even have a white line on the street, well I call it a road because it's just a baby street! It hasn't grown up yet! :);). :);) When does a road become a street? Anybody? :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2
No idea. I use "street", because it's the word I get when I translate "Gasse", which is a small street. There's no white line on the street here either. :)

Isn't a road outside a village/town?

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
etudanyt.jpg

When you are in a hurry to get to work:)
AndrewSent from Oz using Tapatalk
Oh Andrew!!! You have been sorely missed by me! That was great! I'm still laughing so hard I'm getting a stitch in my side! Thanks,,,you are one of a kind! When you and Johanna start a conversation I know I'm in for a good time! I have to add three letters? What? They won't let me post a quick reply cause it's too short? That is just like the sign in your picture! It keep telling me to add 3 more letters! It better post this time or I might give it three nasty letters! :);) just kidding sort of.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my former students playing soccer on the street. A very loud blackbird, crickets chirping.

Most reactions

Latest posts