What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What case do u use?

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Targus which is a nice case but a bit thick since my hands are used to the folding magnetic face cover & hard shell back cover. Finally
Coated on Amazon a one piece with the folding magnetic face cover. It allows a more comfortable holding of iPad when taking photos. The smell of the plastic when opening was a bit strong but that has disappeared.
What do u use?.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use otter box defender case the make the best case around on the market i have yet to come across a better one yet and will carry on using there products until something else comes along

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pommie82 said:
I use otter box defender case the make the best case around on the market i have yet to come across a better one yet and will carry on using there products until something else comes along

I got the white and gray Otter Box Defender case for my white mini.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got three iPads, all in TPU back-only cases. I slide them into a netbook sleeve on the go. I like my tablets streamlined and lightweight.

I also had an Otterbox (gifted to me), which I returned. Didn't care for clunkiness. Didn't need that kind of protection. I have a portfolio case, too, but have not used it.

The_iPad_mini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I initially used an Otterbox case when I purchased my mini, but found it to be a bit thick and heavy. I now have it in a Poetic portfolio case from Amazon. This case is similar to the Apple Smart Cover, but with a handsome leather cover on it. It is also cost effective over the Apple case. It has held up really well so far.

sucoft001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a case on the Internet, it is a white . but now , it seems a little old, I went to Apple store, there is a very cool cover, i am planing to buy one. even though it is a little expensive

OP
Art Frau

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just received this one in the post and so far I like it.

Apple iPad Mini Red Magnetic Leather 360 Rotating Stand Case Smart Cover + Film | eBay

Came with a free stylus, protector film for screen and a tiny cleaning cloth.

$T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiN8UBQtJY8cQO!~~60_35.JPG

My only beef is that the free stylus does not slot anywhere into the case. But for under £8.00 with free postage I think it is good value

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually purchased an Invellop folio type case off of Amazon for 14.95 and I love it so much I ordered a few more in other colors. It is very thin, protects all corners on my mini and has the smart function of sleep/wake. Also has a magnet so when I open the cover it stays secure to the back and doesn't flop around.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I actually purchased an Invellop folio type case off of Amazon for 14.95 and I love it so much I ordered a few more in other colors. It is very thin, protects all corners on my mini and has the smart function of sleep/wake. Also has a magnet so when I open the cover it stays secure to the back and doesn't flop around.

You mean this one:

Amazon.com: INVELLOP BLACK Leatherette Case Cover for iPad mini (Built-in magnet for sleep/wake feature) Model #'s MD531LL/A MD528LL/A and MD540LL/A: Electronics

? Yes, it is nice. I have it too. I thought it was too heavy! :)

I'm really picky about my cases.

idbvideo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Sondstrom leather case. Makes it thicker but protects the mini well. Still fits in my pocket!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one. Lol I find it to be very light. Maybe it's because the mini weighs soo much less than my ipad!

Different strokes for different folks. It is a nice case, though, that I can find no real fault with. But I noticed the extra 1 oz of weight as soon as I put my iPad mini in it. I'm keeping it, though, for those situations where I need backup or what to change up. And it does come in those nice colors, too!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Different strokes for different folks. It is a nice case, though, that I can find no real fault with. But I noticed the extra 1 oz of weight as soon as I put my iPad mini in it. I'm keeping it, though, for those situations where I need backup or what to change up. And it does come in those nice colors, too!

What are you using instead?

Most reactions

Latest posts