What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your dissapointments in Ios5 ?

BranFlizGames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessage, i thought you would be able to send a message to anyone. Maybe you can and im just clueless..idk :(

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessage, i thought you would be able to send a message to anyone. Maybe you can and im just clueless..idk :(
If you're talking about an iMessage message, that only works between iOS devices running iOS 5 and both parties having iMessage set up. You would have to text or email anyone else.

BranFlizGames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
If you're talking about an iMessage message, that only works between iOS devices running iOS 5 and both parties having iMessage set up. You would have to text or email anyone else.

I know but I thought you would be able to send it to anyone

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know but I thought you would be able to send it to anyone
That would be nice...but no. iMessage emulates RIM's Black Berry Messenger service which allows folks with BB's to send messages between BB phones at no charge. That doesn't work on iPhones either for the same reasons.

That doesn't mean you can't send a text in almost exactly the same way...it's just part of your carrier's texting service instead.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My biggest disappointment is that there are enough unhappy people that I wont be upgrading anytime soon. I realize that the squeaky wheels get the grease kind of thing but the number of people that arent 100% happy, or downright pissed off, cannot be discarded. The other "disappointment" for me is that none of the features are as"must-have" as I thought they would be. Sure, getting rid of the iTunes sync is great and all but then iCloud brings its own set of issues. Many of the app updates and changes are not important to me either. It boasts over 200 features that should make my iPad experience even better than it is already.....except that I dont care for 197 of those features.

Oh well. Its 4.3.5 for me until further notice. ;)

Purrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main issue is the loss of my AirPrint. It has really made things difficult at work.

Lost airprint? Thats one of the major reasons i bout the hp printerscanner copier i bought, has the issue been fixed Ludee?? That truly would bemajor issue, glad my update didnt update then:eek:

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, still an issue. There are some work arounds but it's difficult. It really sticks :(

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it wasn't listed as a feature but I was really really really hoping they would finally allow separate signatures for each email account rather than a single "global" signature. For something so "basic" that's been standard in email programs for ~20 years (or at least as long as I've been using email), I was hoping maybe iOS 5 would actually let me.

**sigh**

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im dissapointed with the gestures. Having an iPad 1 they didnt implement it into the update.

Also how didnt iOS 5 have a cd drive ?

Parpar2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After download iOS5, unable to copy/paste on URL in landscape (home button on the right) position. Can only do so in the other portrail positions and landscape with home button on the left. Also, after a few hours, safari starts to crash...... keyboard starts to appear and disappear, up down up down, website changing from on to another by itself. Is this a incorrect downloading issue? or what is causing this? anybody can help? have tried to restore again but same problem crop up again.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it wasn't listed as a feature but I was really really really hoping they would finally allow separate signatures for each email account rather than a single "global" signature. For something so "basic" that's been standard in email programs for ~20 years (or at least as long as I've been using email), I was hoping maybe iOS 5 would actually let me.

**sigh**

Have you checked out the new keyboard shortcuts feature on iOS 5? It's under Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. You could use it to create shortcuts for different signatures.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After download iOS5, unable to copy/paste on URL in landscape (home button on the right) position. Can only do so in the other portrail positions and landscape with home button on the left. Also, after a few hours, safari starts to crash...... keyboard starts to appear and disappear, up down up down, website changing from on to another by itself. Is this a incorrect downloading issue? or what is causing this? anybody can help? have tried to restore again but same problem crop up again.
Try resetting (not restarting) your iPad:

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again.
More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
Im dissapointed with the gestures. Having an iPad 1 they didnt implement it into the update.

Also how didnt iOS 5 have a cd drive ? dde1c

Don't worry, us original iPad owners will get multi gestures in iOS 5.0.1 reported to be released to developers soon, so not long to wait, hopefully.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts