What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your dissapointments in Ios5 ?

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some of mine ...

1. Not able to delete useless contacts in mail app

2. Not able to close all open apps at once

3. No manual settings for equalizer in the music app, all presets settings are worse than the "off" preset

4. No quick turning bluetooth on/off

5. Safari is a little better but still "basic" browser

6. Why not displaying the date next to the clock on top of the screen

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

3. No manual settings for equalizer in the music app, all presets settings are worse than the "off" preset

Well, I'm really not sure why you're "disappointed". None of those features or improvements was promised or even rumored to be available in iOS 5 (with the possible exception of Safari which was improved). Sounds more like this should be titled "A wish list for future upgrades".

That said, the email auto-fill issue has been around since the first iPhone and I think everyone agrees that it should be easy to edit.

Closing all apps at once would be a valuable feature.

My biggest disappointment with iOS 5 was the "downgrading" of the iPod App to the Music App. There's another thread discussing that on the forum so no need to go into it here. However suffice it to say that the Music App is a true disappointment IMHO.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed Richsadams

I would like to see date at the top as well.

Closing all apps at once would be nice.

I'd like multi gestures on iPad 1 as a default not have to go in the back door

I'd like notifications the same on iPad as well as the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed Richsadams

I would like to see date at the top as well.

Closing all apps at once would be nice.

I'd like multi gestures on iPad 1 as a default not have to go in the back door

I'd like notifications the same on iPad as well as the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Forgot about the original iPad not getting Multitasking Gestures as well as AirPlay Mirroring. That was disappointing indeed. :(

Apex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really dislike the tabbed browsing for the iPad. I would never have upgraded if I knew I would lose the thumbnails.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
() Overall weakness of the email app. No "select all." No mass delete based on search. etc. I didn't really expect the email app to be upgraded but it would be nice.
() Abduction of my New Yorker subscription by the Apple version of Publishers Clearing House (i.e. "Newsstand.")
() The introduction of iCloud has only made the weaknesses and confusion associated with iTunes (and the associated App Store) even more obvious. A complete rewrite is required.

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guy1717 said:

2,4 and 6 can be done with some cydia tweaks ;-)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd have a little more faith in that feedback mechanism if "iOS 5" were listed as an operating system option.
Agreed...that's the standard drop down for their Mac feedback...and it doesn't even have 10.7.2 on it yet. I don't think they're ignoring it though...can't hurt as they say.

Purrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats different about the music vs ipod? I backed up pics and music (from my pc) have pics on photobucket but i am nervous about problems with contacts and losing pics. First big update for me, cant update some apps as they require 5

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main issue is the loss of my AirPrint. It has really made things difficult at work.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats different about the music vs ipod? I backed up pics and music (from my pc) have pics on photobucket but i am nervous about problems with contacts and losing pics. First big update for me, cant update some apps as they require 5
You can read up on what folks dislike about the new Music App from the beginning of this thread. Mostly it's just not nearly as robust as the "old" iPod App. I fully expect Apple to tweak it into shape, but they should have known better than to downgrade any app...folks are expecting more, not less. Besides missing some of the things we had gotten used it the overall UI is just not as user friendly. It's serviceable but it's just a big step down that wasn't necessary IMO.

Although some have had some issues upgrading to iOS 5 you shouldn't have any worries if you follow the on-screen directions. You know how it is, folks with problems are much more likely to post than folks that didn't. That's not to discredit the issues some people had, but my upgrade and upgrades for millions of others went without a hitch.

More here:

Updating your iOS device

Here's a list of tips to follow prior to your upgrade:

iOS 5 Upgrade Troubleshooting

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts