What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Sad. Really, why DO people fake this? I'm starting to go back on my previous post...

They do it because they think it's funny. Which I find really stupid because they may end up being killed like that guy a few weeks back, or even put in jail. Or cause accidents.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like there are quite a few candidates for a thread I've had in mind for a while. Look out for "Conspiracy Theories and the Paranormal." coming soon to an iPad near you.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
Does anyone know the copyright date for Robinson crusoe? I cant find it anywhere.

It wasn't on that page I posted from the first edition? Hang on, I'll go take a look around.

It was published on the 25th April, 1719.

It is public domain in the USA, and therefore is not under copyright.

Last edited:
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
It wasn't on that page I posted from the first edition? Hang on, I'll go take a look around.

It said publication date on it but I'm not sure if it means the same thing as copyright or not

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless renewed, I believe the copyright expires 50 years after the author's death.

Daniel deFoe died on 24th April 1731, so Robinson Crusoe would have gone out of copyright on the same date in 1781.

Anyway, the correct answer appears to be that the book is no longer in copyright, and is therefore in the public domain.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Unless renewed, I believe the copyright expires 50 years after the author's death.

Daniel deFoe died on 24th April 1731, so Robinson Crusoe would have gone out of copyright on the same date in 1781.

Anyway, the correct answer appears to be that the book is no longer in copyright, and is therefore in the public domain.

Copyright in the modern sense dates the the British Statute of Anne in 1710.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_Anne

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
FINALLY!!! I found the copyright date for Robinson crusoe!!

It was 1958

Well done. Where did you find that?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Well done. Where did you find that?

My teacher found it and put it up on the whiteboard for us.
When the book report is finished, I'll send it.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
About to download Neil Young's memoir "Waging Heavy Peace" - Deluxe edition in iBooks. At the risk of shamelessly promoting
one of my favourite artists, the e-book is quite the unit including songs and back stage concert footage and interviews.

Despite the onset of decrepitude, I'm digging this e thing. Groovy baby. Groovy.

:)

AA

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Snort! Ha ha. Reminds of a film I've seen. Lol. Mike Myers?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts