What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are ur opinions on the upcoming Xoom tablet?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently discovered this thing..lol i have been so into my ipad i havent been keeping up on upcoming tablets. I read up on it and saw demo vids.
I do have to say, the specs are out of this world. 1GB internam Ram, dual cams with the rear having a flash n 8 megapixel, n the front is 2 megapixels. New Nvdia tegra dual core processor rated at 1GHz a piece making it a 2GHz monster. Adobe flash support, mini usb, HDMI output, 10.1 in HD Screen display at like 1???*800 resolution screen. Plus finally Android getting it right with the new Honeycomb firmware designed specifically from the ground up, for tablets. Built in barometer, compass, gyro, and some kind of lighting sensor also. New google maps 5.0 with 3D Views of buildings...DAMN! So this is gonna run apps made for tablet n not just blown up phone apps like the Galaxy Tab. On paper this new device is a beast. On vids, they only showed demo vids and not any real hands on yet. It did look good though, i must admit. This is very powerful n versatile piece of machinery. No word on battery life yet. imagine the gaming power this machine will have. The demo vid said it will be the most powerful and capable gaming experience yet. The so called price tag is supposedly $800. Wayyyyyy to high and it has to be tethered tona plan from Verizon. No word or talks of Wifi only version. Maybe down the road once people complain enough on the steep price tag. I see it doing good but nowhere gonna sell as many devices based on that price tag alone. Maybe a wifi only version priced comparable to Ipad can do something. I do admit, the Motorola Mobility Xoom has caught my interest. I still love my IPAD to death regardless! Oh, and supposedly the first tablet device thats gonna have apps specifically made for tablets. Apple might have their hands full with this one. We need to see ipad2 in action. This Xoom releases feb 17th or something.
Is this the Real Ipad killer we have to fear? :confused: Lmao. What are yall thoughts on this? How does it compare to current generation IPAD and the new upcoming IPAD2? What are the specs on the IPAD 2?

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Am Disappointed By the $800 Price Tag

I was thinking that success breeds copy cats but I suppose Motorola goes by its own logic! All of the items you listed that will be available on the Xoom is great. BUT the $800 price tag is a show stopper. I like Apple's sales logic: Make the product in varying degrees of capability.

That way, if you can't afford the biggest one, you can at least get the cheapest one and still have the technology available to use. I can afford US$500 to get the wifi only version of the Xoom. Having had the iPad with 3G has taught me that I don't really need 3G on another device. I have too many data plans going, so that is another show stopper. If Motorola doesn't make a wifi only model, then I'm not buying it.

Complain about the price of a product? The best way to get Motorola's notice is not to buy it.

Last edited:
OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn, 66 views n no replies..lol. I guess either no one knows about this or more into playing games in this section..lmfao

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only a fool would pay $800.00 for a tablet. Enough said.

So everyone who bought a 64GB 3G iPad is a fool?

Also, Best Buy has leaked something showing it will actually be $700 without a contract. That prices it just under the 32GB 3G iPad. The Wi-Fi only version should be about $100 less. I would pay $600 for it.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to get it, but I'm still waiting to see some official reviews. I'll probably give it until April or May before I decide which of the new dual core Honeycomb tablets I'll buy.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Right.
We're all exhausted from arguing abiout the subject :)

Basically until enough copies get into reviewers and consumers hands we don't have enouh information to argue with.

Most reactions

Latest posts