West Virginia - Mountains & Environs!

Discussion in 'Travel Stories' started by giradman, Jun 6, 2014.

1. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +871 / 0
    I know it is a place of beauty! John Denver sang it all! I loved that song about West Virginia, miles and more miles! Thanks, Dave. As always, you have done a wonderful way of explaining things! I would love to see a book written by you! I might have a lot of questions though! :D Diane.

2. mydave

mydave iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Great write-up, as always :)
    Hope to compliment your thread with two videos, one is about Charleston, SC (our beloved hometown with great many historic places) and the Santa Fe Trail 1940 Trailer.

Charleston, SC

SANTA FE TRAIL 1940 TRAILER

Best,

• Like Like x 1
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,146 / 0
    Hi Diane - so you found the travel forum - GREAT! Look at some of my other travelogues, if interested - :)

As to books, that was part of my medical career - now a retired radiology professor - BUT, as to publications, I have over 200 articles, over 40 book chapters, and 12 co-edited books to my name, ALL on gastrointestinal radiology, SO doubt anyone would have an interest - I probably could go into another area of writing for the more general audience - ;) Dave

4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,146 / 0
    Hi Mydave - thanks for the comments from a 'local' - I've put up a lot of travelogues and was hoping some members living in the area would respond and add some more comments and advice - actually, I have a thread on the Carolina Shore - at the moment, mainly Wrightsville Beach & Kiawah Island, but we've been to Charleston often - please take a look and add some of your own recommendations - I can easily expand that thread w/ Charleston comments or let you respond also - Dave :)

5. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    I was born in War, Wv, McDowell County. War has Berwind Lake, nothing else. McDowell County once provided more coal than any other location. The County had over 100k, now 33k. Extremely poor, as coal was the only source of employment. Berwind Lake has a Facebook page, I have a movie I made posted on the page. I left in 1966, only to return to visit family.