What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida Panhandle & Tallahassee

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I imagine some whole neighbourhoods were devastated. I hope there were not too many deaths.
I was online looking for webcams and all the Mexico Beach webcams were offline.

I suspect that plenty of pics and information will come out in the next few days showing the devastation along the Florida Gulf Coast and likely extending further inland - having driven a lot of that Panhandle coast line a few years ago, the structures, so close to the water, looked quite vulnerable - at the moment of this writing maybe one or several deaths - sure that more will occur but hopefully not that many? Dave :)

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mexico Beach Devastated by Hurricane Michael Yesterday!

Today, the sun is out in Florida and the tremendous damage is being shown - Mexico Beach, the small coastal Florida town has been destroyed; some of the high rises and houses on stilts seem to be standing albeit damaged - just a few pics below - also, the link provides a video for those interested. The storm is now in the Carolinas - in our state (NC) rain will impact on the eastern half of the state later today, where Hurricane Florence flooded the area a month ago - this storm will likely add 'insult to injury' for those affected people. In my area, several inches of rain are expected (I hope that's all!). Dave :)
MB_1.png
MB_2.jpg
MB_3.jpg
MB_4.jpg
MB_5.jpg
MB_6.jpg

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a nightmare! We were fortunate to be in Florida between hurricanes. I hope our hotel in the Panhandle isn’t damaged.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What a nightmare! We were fortunate to be in Florida between hurricanes. I hope our hotel in the Panhandle isn’t damaged.

Well, I was curious too - the WaterColor Resort is about 90 miles west of Mexico Beach, so could certainly have been damaged, BUT just got off their website and an announcement indicates minimum damage only; of course, not sure about the surrounding areas. :)
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 2.02.14 PM.png

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Panama City & Beach Devastated by Hurricane Michael

Panama City & Beach are just a half hour up the coast from Mexico Beach so was quite near the landfall of this storm - watching the Weather Station much of the day and the damage in the Panama City area w/ the sun shinning today is disheartening - some pics below (LINK) showing the destruction there. Dave :)

P.S. has been raining all day in our town - not much wind - BUT, the electricity just went out - have plenty of lights and a battery-powered radio, so listening to our local NPR station - also, have an oversized APC UPS attached to my cable modem & router, so still able to get on the internet (as I'm typing at the moment) - states that there is over 5 hrs of runtime.
PCity_A1.jpg
PCity_A2.jpg
PCity_A3.jpg
PCity_A4.jpg
PCity_A5.jpg
PCity_B1.jpg
PCity_B2.jpg
PCity_B3.jpg
PCity_B4.jpg
PCity_B5.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts