What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanishing Apps

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to roll my iOS 8 back to iOS 7 because mist of the apps I use daily were crashing. Now I find that many of my more infrequently used apps (that I had previously uninstalled at some point) no longer appear in the app store.

One example is an mp3 player called MyMp3 Player. It had a browser that allowed me to find audio files on the web and download them. Now it has vanished. (I have scoured the app store!) Now all I can find are players that download from something called the "sound cloud"-whatever that is?

Anyone know why? Any recommendations for a replacement?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I decided to roll my iOS 8 back to iOS 7 because mist of the apps I use daily were crashing. Now I find that many of my more infrequently used apps (that I had previously uninstalled at some point) no longer appear in the app store.

One example is an mp3 player called MyMp3 Player. It had a browser that allowed me to find audio files on the web and download them. Now it has vanished. (I have scoured the app store!) Now all I can find are players that download from something called the "sound cloud"-whatever that is?

Anyone know why? Any recommendations for a replacement?
If those apps are no longer in the App Store it means that either Apple or the developer has removed them. If they're not in the App Store, they're also missing from your purchased list. Unless you have these apps stored in iTunes on your computer or they're still on one of your devices, there's no way to download those apps to any of your devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You didn't say if you checked the Purchased tab in the App Store.

Sometimes apps that have been removed for sale in the App Store will still appear in your Purchased list as downloadable.

As SciFan said; If they've been completely removed (up to the developer) then they are gone forever; unless you have local copies in iTunes on the computer.

OPlayer has a built in browser. I've never used it, but I assume any mp3 file you find on the web can be downloaded using it. AVPlayer and the other popular player who's name I can't remember at the moment, will probably do the same.

Most reactions

Latest posts